Windows 10: Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I unfortunately bought a new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 Pro. The size of the folders in File Explorer are nothing like the size they were on my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkj307, Apr 7, 2017.

1. mkj307 Win User

Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

I unfortunately bought a new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 Pro. The size of the folders in File Explorer are nothing like the size they were on my old Windows 10 Home Version laptop. Actually the View Large icons are the same size as the View Extra Large Icons. HP support techs know nothing. I tried personalization, display settings, advanced display settings, device manager, file explorer folder options, Intel graphics settings & system settings. I am aware that you can use the Ease of Access Center & make certain groups of windows or fonts bigger but I do not want a whole group bigger. The only other thing I have a size problem with are pop up windows when I am in a program & a window pops up for further choices. They are so small I cannot read them & it will not allow me to resize it by dragging it. I have read a few suggestions on google but but none work for me. I am at a loss. Can these settings be customized for the things I mentioned? Please help!

:)

mkj307, Apr 7, 2017

2. File Explorer does not resize when using Windows 10. It resizes to a small rectangle and flickers and then it crashes.

I recently installed Windows 10. Big mistake.

Now when I use File Explorer, it crashes whenever I try to resize the window. I click on the resize button and the window resizes to a small, vertical rectangle and flickers uncontrollably. The only thing I can then do is click on the red X button which
    then gives me a dialogue box that asks if I want to close the program or wait for it. I always choose to close it. That closes File Explorer completely, I can then reopen it and return to work with my folders.

Is there a Microsoft written and released update that fixes this BIG BIG BUG?

AndrewRGardiner, Apr 7, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

1. Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Resize Folders

2. Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows File Explorer is one of the most frequently used applications in Windows 10. […] This article Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020: when I try to resize this is how it looks like and it gives some, I tried this tread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-resize-file-explorer-windows/913f53de-e4b0-4940-a307-827bb8a4a25a and...
  4. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjuse/windows_file_explorer_will_not_resize_or_minimize/
  5. Resizing text in window/file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing text in window/file explorer?: Hi all, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to open a file in Netbeans - it opened up the file explorer from where you're supposed to choose the file you want to open - and the text along the top bar of the screen is tiny as well as the text in the pop up explorer?...
  6. File Explorer cannot locate folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer cannot locate folder.: I have an application folder created inside Program Data, i.e path C:/ProgramData/AppName. I am able to access files located at this path from code. Physically Folder exists, but when going to that path from File Explorer it does not show that folder. I tried following...
  7. resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resizing and emailing photos from File Explorer with Windows 10: I want to resize and email my pictures from File Explorer, and used to be able to do that on my previous computer, but on my new one, I keep getting the error "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program , or if one is...
  8. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903
  9. File Explorer cannot resize its window

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer cannot resize its window: Hello, when I open the File Explorer, it opens in full-screen mode. I can minimize it but not resize the window. If I click the top-right corner symbol of two squares, the file explorer window gets smaller but the text in it flashes on and off for a while and then...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize: First post, hi. I downloaded Windows 10 on release and despite its flaws, I actually like it. I am finding an issue with Explorer though. I've noticed that the preview image icon for folders doesn't resize itself to fit within the folder preview section, so if the image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not resize the file display.

2. help in file explorer resizing

3. cannot resize file explorer in windows 10

4. cant resize file explorer,
  5. cannot resize file explorer,
  6. windows 10 explorer window resize,
  7. windows 10 file manager flickers on resize,
  8. folder resize window 10,
  9. file explorer cannot resize its window,
  10. resize folders windows 10,
  11. windows 10 resize folders,