Windows 10: Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade on July 29th when it automatically downloaded. It installed with no problem but still has not activated. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blaughon, Aug 4, 2015.

1. blaughon Win User

Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1

I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade on July 29th when it automatically downloaded. It installed with no problem but still has not activated. I have made no changes since the installation but the rollback feature will not work. Screenshot is shown below.

Is there any way around this to return to Windows 8.1?

Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1 [​IMG]

:)

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  2. harlekein Win User

Realtek - Dolby Digital Live 5.1 - Play Tone Failed - Windows 10 RTM

This is happening to me and I cannot rollback to 8.1. So sick of MS.

harlekein, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 today and Settings will not load and I cannot rollback to Win 8.1

VictorRadice, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  5. blaughon Win User
    No, Windows.old is still there. I checked that first.

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  6. blaughon Win User
    Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1 [​IMG]

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    By any chance did you create a windows 10 repair disk ? If so ? You can boot off it and there an option within to install prior version or roll back

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm afraid that a System Repair Disc won't help if the rollback files have been removed from the PC by something. *Sad

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Blaughon,

I'm afraid that you may need to clean install Windows 8.1 if you don't have an image to restore. *Sad

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  10. sn00ker Win User
    That's so true Brink but do we know for sure that's the case . I'm curious blaughon were you activated with your 8.1 copy ?

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  11. blaughon Win User
    I was just hoping it would be easier. I knew better than to expect easy.

If it has not activated in a week, do you think it ever will, as the support people have been taught to quote: "it will automatically activate in 24-48 hours".

If I had confidence it would activate I would stay with 10.

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  12. blaughon Win User
    Yes, I was activated with 8.1.

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  13. blaughon Win User

Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Home

Product ID: 00326-30000-00001-AA668

Installed Key: **REMOVED**

OEM Key: **REMOVED**

OEM Edition: Win 8.1 RTM Core OEM*BiggrinM

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
  14. craarc Win User
    i think they have said they will activate in time that cant handle it all at once some may take a few days.

what about this freebee to roll back ?

Easy Recovery Essentials by NeoSmart Technologies windows 10 pro one is free and works with any version apprently watch the vid on it

craarc, Aug 4, 2015
  15. blaughon Win User
    Like Windows 10 free upgrade, if it is "free" I probably cannot afford it.

blaughon, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Cannot Rollback

2. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  3. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  4. I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22H2 to 1903 but cannot rollback because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22H2 to 1903 but cannot rollback because...: I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22h2 to 1903 build version but don't have the "rollback" Option on setting because I installed a fresh version of windows as I had problems with windows 11 and couldn't rollback, the reason I am doing this because I need to...
  5. I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22H2 to 1903 but cannot rollback because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22H2 to 1903 but cannot rollback because...: I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22h2 to 1903 build version but don't have the "rollback" Option on setting because I installed a fresh version of windows as I had problems with windows 11 and couldn't rollback, the reason I am doing this because I need to...
  6. I want to downgrade from windows 10 version 19045 22H2 to 1903 but cannot rollback because...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Search and start menu not working at all - Cannot Restore/Rollback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search and start menu not working at all - Cannot Restore/Rollback: If I click on search on the taskbar nothing happens. If I go into the start menu and start scrolling to find an app that I want to use the start menu refreshes and does not open my app. I have to open the app by going into the store If it's a Microsoft app; Otherwise I have...
  8. Cannot upgrade back to 1903 after a 1809 rollback

Cannot upgrade back to 1903 after a 1809 rollback: I upgraded to Windows 1903 and it caused an error with Trend Micro & PDQ Deploy so I used the rollback feature to take me back to 1809. Now I cannot go back to 1903. If I search for Windows Updates it says I'm all up to date. It also says that I already have 1903 installed...
  9. I have Windows.old but i cannot rollback to Windows 7.

I have Windows.old but i cannot rollback to Windows 7.: There are actually a few issues with this. I have been using a HP laptop that has recently been factory reset. I want to make this laptop Windows 7 as it is currently Windows 10. It does have the Windows.old file, but when I go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, I do...
  10. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback: a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. viglen connect 8 tablet rolling back to windows 8.1