Windows 10: Cannot run Edge - Browser Broker fails

Discus and support Cannot run Edge - Browser Broker fails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; You could also try this tip from MS technet forums: here's the thread ...snip How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 When that did not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AndreTen Win User

Cannot run Edge - Browser Broker fails

You could also try this tip from MS technet forums: here's the thread

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
  2. share666 Win User

I have Windows 10 - version 1709 OS build 16299.192 X64

Every time I start Edge it fails - I have attached a file listing information from the event viewer. I do not have any software restriction policies.

If I set up another user account I can run Edge with no problems.

Not sure what my next steps are.

Thanks.

:)

share666, Apr 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 start menu, action center, and all modern apps stops working unless RuntimeBroker.exe is killed

My Runtime Broker is the same way - it is not using a lot of memory or CPU; however, I still have the problem where the Edge Browser, Notifications, and the start menu just stop working. Killing the Runtime Broker immediately fixes my problems.

GrantWHall, Apr 12, 2018
  4. Brina46 Win User

True Key App for Windows 10 - Edge Browser

The App from the store states that it is suitable for the Edge Browser, but when it is downloaded and installed it fails to load, just receive a whirling icon in the centre of the screen which runs for ever. I am trying to install it on my Laptop a Toshiba
    Satellite, it will work on the Firefox browser but not with Edge.

Have also installed on my Surface Pro and it works perfectly with Edge on there. The True Key support team have looked into the problem and they cannot identify where the fault lies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brina46, Apr 12, 2018
  5. share666 Win User
    Well I tried to attach a file but I apparently am not doing something correctly. So I'll just cut-and-paste.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Event ID: 10001
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: {0002DF02-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "1260"
    Happened while starting this command:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\browser_broker.exe -Embedding
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdge.exe, version: 11.0.16299.192, time stamp: 0x5a4a1924
    Faulting module name: EMODEL.dll, version: 11.0.16299.192, time stamp: 0x5a4a1934
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-SoftwareRestrictionPolicies
    Event ID: 868
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Access to C:\WINDOWS\system32\browser_broker.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by policy rule {9ee9417f-490f-0622-d37b-bcb4f2ae93f9}.
    Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
    Event ID: 5961
    Task Category: (5961)
    Activation for Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge failed. Error code: The remote procedure call failed.. Activation phase: COM ActivateExtension

share666, Apr 12, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Researching the symptoms reported: Event 10001; unable to start DCOM server; Edge won't run, this seems to be a surprisingly common complaint. Don't see too many error 1260 items, though. The responses usually call for SFC /scannow, DISM ... /restorehealth and so forth, but not too many of these techniques seem to do much good. This is a mysterious enough issue that I'd recommend jumping straight ahead to an upgrade repair install to see if a fresh set of OS files addresses the issue. There's a TenForums tutorial on that: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade. Give it a try and let us know if it helps, please.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot run Edge - Browser Broker fails - Similar Threads - Cannot run Edge

2. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  3. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  4. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  6. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  7. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  8. Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file: I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview. Print to pdf does work on the laptop from any other app such as Word, OneNote, etc. I can print to pdf from Edge on my desktop...
  9. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Edge Browser_Broker error

2. browser_broker.exe microsoft edge

3. windows 10 edge error browser_broker.exe

4. cannot run edge browser,
  5. video can not run on Edge ,
  6. cannot run browser,
  7. failed to launch browser_broker,
  8. browser_broker microsoft support