Windows 10: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

Discus and support Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DBstumped2023, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right clicking on the exe file. Went to Properties, then clicked on Security. Clicked "edit". Selected username and checked full control. Also added "Everyone" and tried to give it full control, but got strange message and exited out. I would not even know how to go about giving "permission" as administrator, but would love to try

:)

DBstumped2023, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

1. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions - Similar Threads - Cannot run exe

2. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  3. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  4. After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  5. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right...
  6. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  7. cannot install a program without "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install a program without "run as administrator": Hello A while ago, I did format my laptop But I ran into a strange problem Namely, I cannot install a program without run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-a-program-without-run-as/c6508078-fe17-4ebb-a0ae-f26d5b8e02fa
  8. Permissions for .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions for .exe files: Even as an administrator on my own laptop, I cannot unzip and use a .exe file that I have had for years on other computers with no problems. But when I updated windows 10 on 27 August 2020, and tried to use that file on this computer, I was prevented. Previous versions of...
  9. Cannot run any exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  10. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....