Windows 10: cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings

Discus and support cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am in Settings > Themes > Mouse Pointer settings and when I click on it, it comes up that I do not have access to rundll32.exe so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dangoodwin, Aug 1, 2015.

1. cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings

Hi guys,

I am in Settings > Themes > Mouse Pointer settings and when I click on it, it comes up that I do not have access to rundll32.exe so I can enter this setting. Screenshot below:

cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings [​IMG]

I am administrator on my PC and users and administrator do have execute rights on this file plus the system32 folder.

Any ideas?

:)

dangoodwin, Aug 1, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 1, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 1, 2015
  4. cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings

i have also tried re-running this process in task manager but this does not resolve the issue!!

dangoodwin, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Preppy Win User
    Can you just directly run:

control mouse

from a CMD or Run prompt?

Preppy, Aug 1, 2015
  6. I'm not sure why you get the access error.

Try running SFC /ScanNow in an elevated command prompt
    See OPTION THREE: To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10 in
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Follow that with OPTION ONE Steps 1 & 5
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    5. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth Command
    See: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

If either of the commands above report integrity errors, post a screen shot of the message.

I've also attached a shortcut to Control Panel > Mouse - it's zip'd.
    Mouse.zip

Extract the shortcut and place it on your desktop then launch it.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings

1. cannot run "rundell32.exe" when accessing mouse pointer settings - Similar Threads - cannot run rundell32

2. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  3. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  4. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Size of mouse pointers -- NOT the usual settings

Size of mouse pointers -- NOT the usual settings: I somehow managed to change the size of my mouse pointer independently of the settings in Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers. Whatever I did let me make the pointer quite large. Now I'd like to change it back, but I've forgotten what I did. Does anybody have any idea what I'm...
  6. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  7. Cannot run any exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  8. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  9. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  10. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings: Hi, When I adjust the mouse pointer speed in the control panel it doesn't actually change the speed and remains on default. I have pressed "OK" and "Apply" and have tried numerous times with the fastest and the slowest setting and nothing seems to work. I just got this...