Windows 10: Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Discus and support Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kimstrom, Sep 28, 2015.

1. kimstrom Win User

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

kimstrom, Sep 28, 2015

2. Different Contacts appear in Mail App compared to People App or Live.com (Outlook.com)

Oh it turns out to be even worse than that.

I just edited and saved the email address of a contact using the People App.

Then I started a new mail and typed in her name - and the Mail app still used the old email address.

So basically... from the Microsoft site, the People app is supposed to supply the addresses for the Mail app... but when I make changes to addresses in the People app, those changes aren't reflected in the Mail app.

Makes the whole thing pointless if the contacts can't be managed properly for a mail programme....

X

XtremSolution, Sep 28, 2015
  3. John582n Win User
    Mail - want to make a group List in windows 10

Windows 10 Hints & Tips—Creating an email Group in the Mail app

To send an email to a group of people using the Windows 10 Mail app:

• Start the People app
    • Add a new contact called "My Group" (or whatever)
    • In the Personal email box, list all the email addresses you want in the group separated by a comma (no spaces!!) - eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***,*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"
    • Save

To send an email to that group:

• Start the People app, highlight My Group then click "Email Personal" in the right pane and choose "Mail", then OK.
    • The Mail App will open and (if you only have one account) a new email will appear.
      If you have multiple accounts you need to select the account.

John582n, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

I thought that it wasn't saving once too, but it turned out the next time one drive sync'd my system(at least I guess it was this) I was in my people app the next day.

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  5. kimstrom Win User
    I'm not using OneDrive. I'm bringing in a gmail account into the Mail App. I did try forcing a sync on the account, but it did not add a contact.

kimstrom, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Odd all my accounts and people get sync'd, Hotmail, gmail, G+, Firefox...etc.

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  7. kimstrom Win User
    I guess you are not understanding what is happening. Syncing is not the problem. I have a lot of emails that came into the MAIL app. The people who sent me those emails are NOT in my list of contacts. I do not want to re-type their email address into the PEOPLE app. As I am viewing the email of the person I want to save, I click their name, I click OPEN CONTACT because that is the only option offered. It opens the PEOPLE app. It has an icon of a disk (I am assuming that is to save) and the 3 ellipse which do nothing but raise it and the disk icon up 1 down and then if I click it again it goes down 1 line. So, I click the SAVE (disk icon). Instead of saving, it opens my existing list of contacts with a message at the top that says "Choose a Contact". I really think it is a bug. These 2 apps are very poorly designed. I am very frustrated.

kimstrom, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Do your settings look like this?

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    And the settings in Contacts?

Ok I'm pulling possibilities out of the air, but...*Think

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  10. No help in fixing i'm afraid, but just checked and I have the same issue

open an email
    click the contact and choose open contact
    the contact displays in the people app
    click the save icon thinking its going to save and it just brings up a search

paulsalter, Sep 28, 2015
  11. kimstrom Win User
    I appreciate it, but this was already set as your screen shot displays.

Misery loves company paulsalter. Keep me posted if you find a solution.*sarc

kimstrom, Sep 28, 2015
  12. ShRend Win User
    Did this ever get resolved? Same issue. I have an email from a new contact. Would like to add their email to my People list. I click on the name in the email -open contact - click Save and it just shows me my list of contacts and doesn't include the one I just added. I have closed people app and then re-opened, still not there. It would seem like it would be prudent for the email app to work with the people app in this regard.

I am not thinking that the Windows people thought things all the way through here. Are they even using their own applications? Why haven't they figured out this is a problem before now????

ShRend, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app - Similar Threads - Cannot save email

2. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app: Hi guys, When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft email app. Kind regards jkeXZ...
  3. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  4. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  5. People App and Email App.

People App and Email App.: I still do NOT understand the behavior of those two apps. They are supposed to work together don't they. This happened: a friend of mine informed that he changed his email address. I opened his name in the People app, but the old email address was not displayed, but was...
  6. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  7. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  8. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  9. Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app: I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.......
  10. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not save people from windows mail