Windows 10: Cannot save to D Drive

Discus and support Cannot save to D Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed a clean install of Windows 10 onto my C Drive keeping my D Drive with my files. Now I cannot save to my D Drive even though I have given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deblk, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Deblk Win User

Cannot save to D Drive

I installed a clean install of Windows 10 onto my C Drive keeping my D Drive with my files. Now I cannot save to my D Drive even though I have given myself permission to allow all on my D Drive. Can anybody help please? TIA

:)

Deblk, Aug 7, 2017

2. Unable to save files too second hard drive

To anyone who can help me . No matter what I try I cannot seem to save individual files too my second hard drive " D"

everytime I create a .doc or xls file or alter an existing file I cannot save it to this hard drive at all . I have gotten into properties too check access for administrator and users and all have full access , it just doesn't seem to work

Help most frustrating , it will let me save stuff to " C" drive but this is a small solid state drive as compared to the second hard drive "D"

WayneHayes1960, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Changing Default Save Location Reverts Back to C: drive

I tried going into storage settings to change the default app install category to my secondary drive D:, but it will not save new apps to that drive. It creates a WindowsApps folder there, but I cannot open it even though I followed the guide to take ownership
    of this folder (the guide worked for the WindowsApps folder in CCannot save to D Drive :).

Any idea? The "new apps saved to" isn't greyed out, but it won't save to D:. I have a second hard drive that I wanted to use for games, but I cannot get Rise of Tomb Raider windows store app edition off of my main hard drive and to my secondary hard drive.

Yes, I have the big November update, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get Tomb Raider.

PigSkinnedYtBoy, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Cannot save to D Drive

What error do you get? The permission will be for another user which will show as numbers you need to take ownership of one folder at a time as it may inherite from above

Samuria, Aug 7, 2017
  5. Deblk Win User
    Basically that I do not have permission. I will take ownership of each folder at a time and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

Deblk, Aug 7, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    Open File Explorer.....locate files in "C" drive you wish to transfer...highlight files by dragging over holding down left mouse...right click mouse and click copy.
    Move mouse over "D" drive left click to indicate where......then right click to paste.
    You could if you wish create folders in which to store in "D" prior to transfer.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot save to D Drive

1. Cannot save to D Drive - Similar Threads - Cannot save Drive

2. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  3. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  4. Cannot save files on my data D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files on my data D.: My computers storage has the windows C which is only 80GB and it's currently almost full because everything on the PC saves to that storage, though I have changed the saving path of every file and folder to the bigger storage dataD - 381 GB. When I open the Data D storage,...
  5. Cannot save files on my data D.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot save files on my data D.: My computers storage has the windows C which is only 80GB and it's currently almost full because everything on the PC saves to that storage, though I have changed the saving path of every file and folder to the bigger storage dataD - 381 GB. When I open the Data D storage,...
  6. D Drive cannot find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive cannot find: Hi, The D drive of my laptop suddenly disappear. I am wondering how to fix it. It is shown as below in the device manager for the hard disk drive. Thanks. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted...
  7. Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.: While looking in my system files, I saw that my storage space was low, I went to disk management and took some Unallocated space out of my D drive Unused While I was trying to merge them, I realized that the button was only able to fill the D drive, My C drive was the OS one,...
  8. Windows 10 Saving files to D drive

Windows 10 Saving files to D drive: I'm trying to set 1Tb HDD D:\ as location to save files insetad of on 256Gb SSD C:\ on new W.10 system. Using File Explorer and Properties Dialog Box for relevant folders. Following instructions on redirecting 'Documents' to D drive I entered new location as 'D:\' rather...
  9. No permission to save to D:\ drive

No permission to save to D:\ drive: I know this question has been asked before, but none of those answers have been able to help me. I have a C:\ drive and a D:\ drive on my computer. For some reason, my computer decided that the much smaller C:\ drive would be the better option to save things to. Now my C:\ is...
  10. cant save anything on D: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    cant save anything on D: drive: I have my C: drive as an SSD and it holds all the operating system, however everything else has saved there too, i have a 1tb hard drive as well under D: drive but I cant move anything to it, it simply asks me to make shortcuts, so things like music and videos are taking up a...