Windows 10: Cannot Save WIFI Password

Discus and support Cannot Save WIFI Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I restart my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I have to enter the password for my WIFI network. I cannot find anyplace to save the password. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jcvann, Aug 22, 2015.

1. jcvann Win User

Cannot Save WIFI Password

Every time I restart my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I have to enter the password for my WIFI network. I cannot find anyplace to save the password. The network is set to connect automatically.*Mad

:)

jcvann, Aug 22, 2015
  2. Ady_Smith Win User

windows 10 not saving wifi password

I've tried both the fixes listed and still cannot get windows 10 to save my WiFi password

Ady_Smith, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Polydoc Win User
    Saved passwords with Edge

If I log in to a site using the saved password it cannot be read by someone else on a non-secure wifi network.

Is that correct?

Polydoc, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Cannot Save WIFI Password

Try forgetting the WiFi network, then reconnect and reenter the password to see if that helps. To forget the network, click on Start, select Settings, select Network & Internet, click on "Manage WiFi settings", scroll down to "Manage known networks", click on your wireless network and click " Forget".

sciencegeek, Aug 22, 2015
  5. jcvann Win User
    I tried that but it didn't work. I checked the setting for my wifi and the password is saved but it will NOT auto connect.

jcvann, Aug 24, 2015
  6. What wireless security is your WiFi network set to? Wpa-psk (tkip)? Wpa2-psk (aes)?

sciencegeek, Aug 24, 2015
  7. jcvann Win User
    WPA2-psk

jcvann, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Cannot Save WIFI Password

Reset the adaptor..

Go to device manager >> Network Adaptor>> Right click on your wireless adaptor and select uninstall....(dont check the box)
    Reboot and reconnect with your wireless

Please let us know if that fixed the problem

manish9009, Aug 24, 2015
  9. jcvann Win User
    That took care of it. Now when I start up it connects immediately.

jcvann, Aug 25, 2015
  10. scambr Win User
    Thanx, solved reseting adaptor

scambr, Sep 23, 2015
  11. BRYNLENOX Win User
    go to settings>network & internet>manage wifi connections>click your router>hit forget...then right click on wireless icon>open network>set up new connection or network>manually connect to wireless>put in your wireless name tab to password > check save this...it worked for me after all the other suggestions failed.hope it helps you.

BRYNLENOX, Oct 24, 2015
  12. It has not fixed my problem which is the same, though I did not un install it, I disabled it and then re-enabled it

I have win 10 Home I guess, there is no check box, and if I uninstall it how do I then reinstall it as I do not have an installer of that adapter. Any help is most appreciated.
    Philip

Philip Baldwin, Mar 8, 2016
  13. scambr Win User

right cick adapter on device manager, choose uninstall, do not check delete driver, reboot, windows will reinstall driver from cache

scambr, Mar 8, 2016
  14. when I get to the where it says(after right clicking it ) I see the uninstall aft that I have the option to uninstall or not if I do that I is know where where there is box to delete, bottom line this does not work (yet) for me.

I have done this now twice I still have to manually input the password every time no matter what so far. See where I am confused is I never have the option to delete driver. The first time I did it

Philip Baldwin, Mar 8, 2016
  15. scambr Win User
    Cannot Save WIFI Password [​IMG]

Cannot Save WIFI Password [​IMG]

Are you using generic driver ? Try install driver from manufacturer of wifi adapter, you can detect wi fi adaptor whit utliity like hwinfo.
    generic driver dont say exact model like in the image above

scambr, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot Save WIFI Password - Similar Threads - Cannot Save WIFI

2. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  3. saved passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  4. Saving passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving passwords: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  5. Saved passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved passwords: How do I find saved passwords on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/6d8f2779-9ee6-4830-840b-faf52b6e1264
  6. Saved Passwords

Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  7. saved passwords

saved passwords: how do edit the stored password that are on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/fb956883-500a-460d-8ced-c00f30c6d466
  8. where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi

where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi: Hi, I am using Windows 10. There is some small problem I use to access internet in my network via Wifi. I get 2 screens. First a network wifi icon at bottom right hand corner. Which I click and I get some thing like this [ATTACH] Here I get a prompt on selecting the...
  9. Delete saved WiFi/WLAN password for specific user

Delete saved WiFi/WLAN password for specific user: How can we delete the saved WiFi/WLAN password (the one that is used for 'connect automatically') for a specific «User Profile» listed above? I don't want to delete the complete «User Profile», only the password. Or do I 'delete' the wireless network profile but it...
  10. Cannot type WIFI password

Cannot type WIFI password: Win10 x64 [14393.693] As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding there. One workaround is to type WIFI password on Notepad and copy and paste. Annoying. Any ideas? Update: If I boot into...