Windows 10: Cannot Schedule Backups

Discus and support Cannot Schedule Backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Forum, When I set up a daily backup, it does not occur. I can do a manual backup, and it works, but the automatic daily does not. I have daily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cburg, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Cburg Win User

Cannot Schedule Backups

Hi Forum,
    When I set up a daily backup, it does not occur.
    I can do a manual backup, and it works, but the automatic daily does not.
    I have daily selected, and keep forever.
    I have my pictures and videos set to be skipped.
    When I click on advanced settings, it says the File History is on, and the correct external hard drive is selected.
    When I click on System Image Backup at bottom left, it says that Windows Backup has not been set up.
    When I click on Set Up System Backup, it says that Express Zip Plus has expired, and prompts me to buy it.
    I never installed "Express Zip Plus", and am not even familiar with it.
    Why should I have to buy something for my new computer?
    Thank you!
    Mike
    *chuckle

:)

Cburg, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Boostland Win User

Windows Backup error messages when beginning back up

Windows could not disable the automatic backup job for the following reason:

The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)

Try Again

I just got that same error on a Laptop I upgraded from Win7, it had a schedule set for backup before the upgrade this was the reason for the error.

The fix is to run task scheduler and delete all the WindowsBackup scheduled tasks then you can recreate them and backup without any error.

Boostland, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Butts3118 Win User
    Information on task Scheduling

Will a scheduled backup run when your machine is in Sleep mode? Will the scheduler software wake up your machine and start the backup?

Appreciate your comments

Thanks

Butts

original post: Backup Scheduling

Butts3118, Oct 26, 2015
  4. VBS
    VBs Win User

Cannot Schedule Backups

File history is not same thing as System image backup.
    File history backups your files in background it doesn't make images of disk or partition.
    If you want to do system image backups it's best to use 3rd party backup tool (default windows image backup tool may work but it has been deprecated)
    for example Macrium Reflect Free

5. Cburg Win User
    Hi VB,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I just want to make a backup that I can restore from on a regular basis. I think each week would be ideal.
    I don't care how it is done. Image or whatever.
    I can't imagine that the new latest and greatest Windows 10 cannot do this!
    Thanks!
    Mike

Cburg, Oct 26, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Don't fight it - use Macrium as suggested. The free version is all you need and it will schedule and disk manage reliably.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Schedule Backups

1. Cannot Schedule Backups - Similar Threads - Cannot Schedule Backups

2. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  3. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Widows backup not run in the schedule time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows backup not run in the schedule time: Windows backup to my computer does not run on schedule. At times will miss backup. Was supposed to run last night and this morning when I checked it had not run. While I was checking, it started to run. Sme times it does not run and I have to start it manually. This happens...
  5. Scheduled backup and system imaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scheduled backup and system imaging: Can I do backup multiple times with schedule by system imaging without wiping out my data on the target drive everytime I did a backup via system imaging method. I'll be backing up my pc later onusing Macrium reflect, and thought I would do multiple backups in the future....
  6. Scheduled Backup of VHDX

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Scheduled Backup of VHDX: Hi there, 1st post & it doesn't appear to be a duplicate (or at least a search revealed nothing) :) I'm looking for the simplest solution to schedule automatic backups of the VHDX files of my VMs. Currently I'm just manually copying the folder once a week but it would be...
  7. Backup scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup scheduling in Windows 10: I recently purchased a Seagate 4TB external hard drive and would like to schedule it to backup files from my Windows 10 PC. However, the only option I see is with Windows 10 File History which does not provide scheduling other than several hours or daily. I used to use...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  9. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  10. Scheduling backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322