Windows 10: Cannot scroll console windows launched directly

Discus and support Cannot scroll console windows launched directly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I run cmd.exe or powershell, I can run bat files and console programs, and scroll the window using my mouse wheel - even while they are running.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyRietwyk, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Cannot scroll console windows launched directly

When I run cmd.exe or powershell, I can run bat files and console programs, and scroll the window using my mouse wheel - even while they are running. But when I double click on a bat file, or a console program in Explorer, the window that gets created has a scroll bar, but does not support scrolling with the mouse wheel. I can't see a setting in the console options for this difference of behaviour.

:)

TonyRietwyk, Jul 5, 2018

2. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_specifications

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Jul 5, 2018
  3. XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

Hi Jaime,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide us more details about the issue with the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Is there a Kinect connected to the console?
    • Does the issue occur even if your controllers are turned off?

You can also follow the suggested methods below to resolve your concern:

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

• Press the menu key on the controller.  
    • Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  
    • In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

• Here are the steps: 
    • Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  
    • Select Settings.  
    • Select All Settings.  
    • Select Network.  
    • Select Network settings.  
    • Select Advance settings.  
    • Select Alternate MAC address.  
    • Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Cannot scroll console windows launched directly

Xbox one auto scrolling downwards

Hi samlloyd98,

Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out what's causing your Xbox One from automatically scrolling downward. Kindly provide us the following information:

• May I know when did you notice this issue?
    • Can you tell us if you recently updated your Xbox One?
    • Does the issue occur even if the controllers are not connected to your Xbox One?

In the meantime, I recommend that you power cycle your Xbox One console by performing the following steps:

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button
      on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox buttonon your console to turn on the Xbox One.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot scroll console windows launched directly

1. Cannot scroll console windows launched directly - Similar Threads - Cannot scroll console

2. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  3. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  4. Realtek Audio Console crashes on launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Console crashes on launch: Hi, recently I performed a clean windows install, and now the Realtek Console App crashes on launch. I need this app because I used it to configure the behavior of the front and back panel on my pc: I connect the speakers on the back and headphones on the front at the same...
  5. touchpad scrolling direction

touchpad scrolling direction: i just but a surface pro 4 for my mum and her ask me to change the touchpad scrolling directon. Ive searched some detail from google and those said that i can change the direction in setting touchpad gesture. However, i couldnt see any touchpad corner in the setting. How can...
  6. Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction: Apologies if this is a silly question, but I cannot for the life of me find the option that will allow me to inverse the touchpad scrolling direction. I've checked everywhere I could think of, which includes just the settings, advanced settings yes, I've gone through all of...
  7. PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH: When I try to launch games (through Steam) it tries to perform first time setup of direct X each time. Whenever I try to install anything Direct X manually it comes up with this error - error creating process appdata/local/temp/IXP000.TMP/dxsetup.exe>. REASON:...
  8. need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad: My touchpad direction (scrolling with fingers) changes everytime there is an update. It drives me crazy. I cannot find a way to reverse it this time. Why does this happen?...
  9. Reverse touchpad scroll direction? Cannot do it via Touchpad settings

Reverse touchpad scroll direction? Cannot do it via Touchpad settings: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio Tap 11: https://assets.pcmag.com/media/image...aio-tap-11.jpg On most modern day laptops and even phones, if you swipe up on the touch pad (using two fingers) or the screen, the page or document you are on will scroll downwards. But on this laptop,...
  10. Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux...