Windows 10: Cannot securely connect to this page

Discus and support Cannot securely connect to this page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro to connect to Xero using a Xero Java API I get 'Cannot securely connect to this page' - Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MHeff, Jul 18, 2018.

1. MHeff Win User

Cannot securely connect to this page

Using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro to connect to Xero using a Xero Java API I get 'Cannot securely connect to this page' - Why

:)

MHeff, Jul 18, 2018

2. Cannot securely connect to this page

Hi MHeff,

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with connecting to a web page. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is the website you're trying to connect?
    • Have you visited this website before?
    • What is the web browser you're using?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Oct 19, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Cannot securely connect to this page

can't connect securely to this page

Thank you for the prompt response. This might be an indication of an SSL Certificate issue. Let's troubleshoot the said issue by performing the steps below:

• Type internet options in the search bar and select the best match.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Scroll down to the Security section.
    • Make sure that the following options are all selected:
      • Use SSL 3.0
      • Use TLS 1.0
      • Use TLS 1.1
      • Use TLS 1.2
    • Click Apply.
    • Refresh the page that was giving the error and check if the error persists.

Update me on the outcome.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Cannot securely connect to this page

1. Cannot securely connect to this page - Similar Threads - Cannot securely connect

2. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect securely to this page: Please advise how do I resolve this message . This comes up many times whilst trying to access websites. Even from well known trusted sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/24710357-384f-422d-9677-041c9be655f2
  3. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect securely to this page: I've trying to get on this page but I keep getting this message. "Cant connect securely to this page" This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website's owner. Please let me know how I can...
  4. cannot securely connect to this page

cannot securely connect to this page: same question. when I try logging into gaydar a message comes up. Cannot securely connect to this page. can you help fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-securely-connect-to-this-page/e3740c1c-9f4c-46f1-9a34-a73b66d7d6d5
  5. cannot securely connect to this page

cannot securely connect to this page: i am trying to log in to a particular site but i keep getting the message cannot securely connect to this page. I have changed the tls settings as suggested but to no avail....
  6. Cannot securely connect to this page

Cannot securely connect to this page: hello, all of a sudden i got a 'cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner' message when using the internet i tried researching it and I've done...
  7. "Cannot securely connect to this page" Using windows 10.

"Cannot securely connect to this page" Using windows 10.: Keep getting denied access to web pages and email links that are being reported as in-secure when they are not. Same problem when attempting to access some Microsoft help info....
  8. Cannot securely connect to this page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot securely connect to this page: This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. Cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner. I'm getting this...
  9. Cannot securely connect to this page

Cannot securely connect to this page: Using a Surface Pro and Windows 10 - Cannot securely connect to this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-securely-connect-to-this-page/94c30154-2c4c-41a9-833b-e03440cd96fc
  10. IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page

IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page: Hi, I'm trying to set up my daughter's laptop who's not at home. I decided that having a screen sharing program, such as join.me would be a good idea so that I can see what's going on over the distance from my computer. However, on neither computer can I access either of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot securely connect to this page

2. cannot connect securely to this page

3. windows 10 cannot connect securely to page

4. Cannot securely connect to this page,
  5. cannot securely connect,
  6. cannot securely connect to this page error,
  7. cannot connect securly to this page,
  8. Cannot securely connect to this page windows 10,
  9. cannot connect to this page securely,
  10. cannot connect to this page,
  11. can’t connect securely to this page,