Windows 10: Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Discus and support Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3. "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Goodgenie4u, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3.
    "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my laptop nor my media mini pc
    I found it in Disk Management. It is shown as Disk 2. It has a black streak all the way (full?) It has excess of I,8 TB used and indicates that it is unitialized.

I have attached a snipper capture of the disk management page.

How do I get the ext HDD to function without losing all my media? I am not technically savvy, but can follow step by step advice.

Thanks

:)

Goodgenie4u, Oct 3, 2015
  2. SniperX2 Win User

Windows 10 is killing my Western Digital hard drives

Thank you Captain_WD

Today, I looked upon the 'event viewer' and found there had been no disk error for my newly purchased WD Black 1 TB HDD (internal). The WD Black had been intermittently failing when I tested it with HDD SCAN or WD DataLifeGuard Diagnostics v1.29 (most recent
    version). After I made a clean installation of Windows 10, 1 year anniversary edition and installed the recent southbridge driver for AMD platform, my WD Black 1 TB has been perfect in usage and on HDD tests.

I hope Microsoft may help those users with a definite update..!!

SniperX2, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Detlef-S Win User
    External USB 3.0 HDD's not accesible after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I encountered the same problem with all my 2 external HDDs (Seagate and WD 2 TB) unaccessable.

I can find them in the drive-management as raw format.

After restoring the old Windows 10 Pro Version, it was all good again.

But today the anniversary update suddenly started again ....

Please Microsoft, FIX THAT PROBLEM!

I won't and I can't backup 4 TB of data.

Detlef-S, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

1. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD - Similar Threads - Cannot ext HDD

2. WD-My Passport 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD-My Passport 2 TB: Hi: My WD My Passport USB hard drive shows as "currently in use", with a continuously flashing LED. This starts up randomly. I am unable to eject this USB device, and only way that I am able to stop it is to restart Windows. Is this a sign of its age? It is nearing Full;...
  3. Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router: when I connected a Toshiba ext USB drive to the back of my Huawei AG635 router, the router software could see the drive but Windows 10 did not. had enabled SAMBA and media sharing but every time i tried to add a new network location using the same IP address as the router...
  4. New WD SSD Ext offline

New WD SSD Ext offline: I have a WD SSD 500GB drive in my Acer Aspire running Win 10 Pro. Ver 1909. I have a Sabrent Ext case with a WD SSD 1TB drive in it. The machine sees it but Explorer doesn't. It shows Disk 1 I disk management as Offline and Unallocated. Msg I get is 'Offline (The disk is...
  5. Wrong Icon on WD EXT HDD BackupDLL file

Wrong Icon on WD EXT HDD BackupDLL file: 1909 OS 18363.779 Good Afternoon can I get some help please (when you are able)? I was backing up (OC) C;/ using AOEMI onto W D EXT HDD (E Backup Partitions FFFF & GGG in preparation for a Windows 10 Clean install 2 hours later I noticed the W D Passport LED was on but not...
  6. Windows 10 does not recognize my new WD 1 Tb HDD!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not recognize my new WD 1 Tb HDD!!!!: Good day to all, I hope someone out there can shed a little light on this issue I'm experiencing. I've been trying to add a second internal drive for storage. It is a WD 1Tb HDD and for some reason or another Win. 10 won't allow me to format it via Disk management app nor...
  7. computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD: I use a 7 year old HP Pavillion desk top and so far it has worked well. I have USB connected 2 ext HDD. One is basic storage and the other is my ext backup HDD. If I try to open a file in either of them, my computer stops recognizing both the ext HDDs causing a major problem...
  8. pc does not see my wd external hdd

pc does not see my wd external hdd: my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pc-does-not-see-my-wd-external-hdd/2f5bba80-1670-49e5-b4a4-0bd741d741d3
  9. Cannot format WD 1TB HDD

Cannot format WD 1TB HDD: I bought a new WD 1TB HDD and was running install/format when I had a power outage. When power came back I could not format this drive. The drive shows in Device Manager but fails format there and every where I have tried. I used UBDC and have not been able to format in...
  10. WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem

WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem: Another thread (External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer) prompted me to post this. I've got the WD Elements External drive connected with a USB cable. Love it, works great. Until I burn a DVD with the OEM burner in the pc. At which point...