Windows 10: Cannot see my shared pc on network

Discus and support Cannot see my shared pc on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lakshi, Feb 13, 2017.

1. lakshi Win User

Cannot see my shared pc on network

Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc...
    Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers on this network i cannot see my windows 10 pc....can someone please help me out?

:)

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  2. pmbAustin Win User

My Laptop (wireless) can see my PC, but my PC cannot see my laptop

This is incredibly frustrating, but from my laptop, I'm able to see shares on my PC, but my PC cannot see my Laptop at all. No matter what I do. None of the network troubleshooters report any issues (other than my PC insisting it cannot recognize the name
    of my laptop, or insisting that it's not on the network or not turned on).

Facts: Both are in the same WORKGROUP. Both are on the same HomeGroup. The PC is wired to my router, my Laptop is wireless. From the PC, my Laptop shows up in the HomeGroup, but If you click on it, it returns an error saying it can't access it. Going
    to a command prompt, typing DIR \\Laptop\Share from the PC says "The Network Path Was Not Found" (where \\Laptop is the name of the laptop, and \Share is the name of the share). Do the flip from the Laptop... DIR \\PC\Share, and it works fine.

What the heck is going on? I'm at my wits end here. I've tried everything... network sharing and discovery is turned on. Troubleshooters report no issues. I've tried through both File Explorer and a command line.

This all worked great on Windows 8.1 before upgrading both to Windows 10.

Someone please give me some new ideas for how to fix this... or is this just a bug in the Windows 10 networking stack that I'm hitting?

pmbAustin, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Problems with network shares after 1709 update

Since 1709 update I cannot see or connect to Network Shares on my main PC from other devices. What can I do t correct this

Glenmorangie, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@lakshi, on the Windows 10 PC make sure that Network Discovery is turned on. It's in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

5. lakshi Win User
    Ok thanks, I have more problem. I have an epson printer connected to a pc on network. From my Windows 10 pc I can access the computer on the network but cannot see the printer and there is no option to 'View Remote Printers' in Windows 10. Help pls...

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  6. This problem has existed ever since Windows learned what a network is. Amazing that no matter what settings one has, this is still an issue over 20 years later. Manually connecting to computers works great, but the darn Network Tab in explorer does not show every computer in the network even after connecting to them manually.

Same settings on all computers, some work others not. If I have a network of 10 computers, all with same settings, same hardware and same network discovery settings enabled, same network profile enabled and all have static IP assigned, I can be certain at least 1 computer will be missing, every single time.

Why?

slicendice, Feb 13, 2017
  7. lakshi Win User
    Is there a way to connect to the networked printer manually?

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  8. Wullail Win User

Is printer sharing set ON at the PC it's connected to ?

Wullail, Feb 13, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Windows 10 should discover printer on your network.
    Check if network, you are connected to is marked as private (assuming it is your home network). If you follow steps in Devices / add printer (network printer, Windows should add your printer..

Edit: deleted some text, not relevant as your printer is connected to PC

AndreTen, Feb 13, 2017
  10. lakshi Win User
    How do I check if network is private and I don't know IP address of printer to connect directly....?

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    I've deleted that mention of IP address, since your printer is connected via PC. Check on that PC, if printer is shared, as Wullail mentiond. But if other PCs can connect to it, then it's shared OK.

Cannot see my shared pc on network [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 13, 2017
  12. lakshi Win User
    Yes it is shared, on other computers running windows7 I can view remote printers and then connect to it

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  13. lakshi Win User

But on Windows 10 there is no option to view remote printers

lakshi, Feb 13, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    Is your network Private? In that case you'll see other devices and other will see you.
    Here is tutorial by Brink: network-location-set-private-public-windows-10 showing how you change public to private.

Make sure, your network name is the same as that of PC that printer is connected to.

AndreTen, Feb 13, 2017
  15. lakshi Win User
    Hello Bro, i made my network private and now i can see my pc on the network on other pcs but when i click on my windows 10 computer (name is BALANI) on other pcs it says "WIndows cannot access \\BALANI
    Can anyone help me out?
    I also turned network discovery on...

lakshi, Feb 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot see my shared pc on network - Similar Threads - Cannot shared network

2. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  3. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  4. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  6. Cannot see my PC on my network

Cannot see my PC on my network: I have four Windows 10 PCs and a network attached storage unit. Only one PC can see the other pcs and NAS iin the system. All of the other PCS only can see themselves. One pc was just converted from windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and a clean install was done to accomplish...
  7. I cannot see shared files on network

I cannot see shared files on network: I am unable to access the shared folders of my Lenovo PC. But I am able to access other systems shared folders from this PC. I got a message The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected...
  8. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  9. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...
  10. Cannot see laptops with files shared over the network

Cannot see laptops with files shared over the network: I have two laptops, both sitting next to the WiFi but from some reason I cannot see any shared device on laptop 1. And on laptop 2, I can see all the devices with shared files in them. I can even access the shared files in laptop 1, but I cannot see the shared files on...