Windows 10: Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Discus and support Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Used to be able to see and access my share drives of various computers on my private network using file manager; but not any more. Could it be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredericoX, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Used to be able to see and access my share drives of various computers on my private network using file manager; but not any more.

Could it be the latest Windows 10 updates have something to do with it?

All computers are running Windows 10 or Win 10 Pro.

Please help.

:)

FredericoX, Jul 22, 2018
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

1. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore - Similar Threads - Cannot access share

2. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  3. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  4. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  6. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  7. Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10: You may experience a Windows cannot access \\ Computer’s Name, Shared folder, or Network Drive letter error while trying to access a shared file. In this article, we are going to find reasons and fixes for this problem. Why can’t I access Shared Folder or Drive This error...
  8. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...
  9. Cannot access Windows 10 Share

Cannot access Windows 10 Share: Hello I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network. This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the file share with no issues. And on the troubled computer I can access the shares on the Windows 7 PC. But the Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 shared drives access

Windows 10 shared drives access: I'm in the early stages of a clean build of Windows 10 x64 on my desktop which has 11 drives that I have shared out however on two of my three laptops I cannot access some of the drives. I've tried numerous suggestions and so far none have resolved the issue. My desktop is...