Windows 10: Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade

Discus and support Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday I installed the win10 "November major upgrade" to my Win10 system. I upgraded to Win10 couple of months ago from Win7. There were some... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Roman Krejci, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade

Yesterday I installed the win10 "November major upgrade" to my Win10 system. I upgraded to Win10 couple of months ago from Win7. There were some problems then but I managed to fix them. After yesterday's upgrade some of the problems reappeared. I had hard time to recall HOW I fixed it couple of months ago, but this one I just cannot get over:
    When trying to send mail from Outlook 2007, this error appears: :Error 452.4.1.0 Policy violation . Your host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has no valid reverse DNS.: and mail resides in the "to be sent" folder. No need to say that before upgrade all worked OK and that this cannot be real error, because I can send mails from the same LAN via other devices. It seems that the upgrade changed something. The inability to send e-mail costs me lot of money and I need this to be solved asap.

:)

Roman Krejci, Dec 4, 2015

2. Outlook 2007 cannot send email

After installing windows 10 (fresh install not upgrade), and installing outlook 2007 I found that outlook 2007 stopped sending emails, the mail was stuck in the outbox.

I ran sfc /scannow

and this indeed fixed the problem for a couple of weeks.

Today again outlook 2007 stopped sending email,

again sfc/scannow fixed the issue.

I've never had problems with outlook 2007 with Windows 7, and I'm concerned that the resource file is being corrupted.

Anyone got an idea why this is happening?

Gary

Gary Watson, Dec 4, 2015
  3. BrianCNL Win User
    Still cannot send emails from Outlook 2010 even after sfc/scannnow and latest updates from Microsoft

I still cannot send emails from Outlook 2010 even after running sfc /scanow and all the latest updates from Microsoft. I have deleted all the address and reinstalled 2010. It says the mails are sent but nothing its actually going. If I use the reply button
    then the emails will send. My desktop with Outlook 2007 is now working great.

Anybody got an answer please.

BrianCNL, Dec 4, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade

Have you tried going to Programs and Features > right click at Microsoft Office 2007 > click CHANGE > click Repair ?
    If that does not fix anything, consider Uninstall > Reinstall option.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  5. No such entries in my Programs and Features

6. davidhk Win User
    Did you install MS Outlook 2007 as a standalone ?
    Your Program and Features has to have a listing of the program.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Are we talking about the same program ?
    I am assuming you mean Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Yes ?
    Or, are you using Outlook.com which is a free web-based email program.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade

Office 2007 was preinstalled on my comp when I bought it. I also have some legacy installations of programs that are parts of different versions of Office. Program and Features lists Office 2000 (I have only Access installed from 2000 ver) . It does not list Office 2007. Anyway - all worked OK until yesterday.

9. davidhk Win User
    RE : Office 2007 was preinstalled on my comp when I bought it.

How long ago ?
    I find it odd that Office 2007 was given away free, unless it was a "trial" version.
    Even then, it should be listed in Programs and Features. It HAS to be.
    Something does not add up.
    Microsoft Office has never been free.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  10. I paid for the Office 2007 and the manufacturer preinstalled it for me. In 2009 I think

11. davidhk Win User
    It makes even less sense. You bought a retail version, manufacturer installed it for you, and yet it does not show up in Programs and Features ?
    That's impossible. All programs installed must be listed in Programs and Features.

Well, you do have the product key of Office 2007 do you ?

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  12. It's easily possible. And Programs and Features lists Office 2000 from which Installed only Access.
    Anyway, the REAL problem is what caused Outlook 2007 to stop sending mails.

13. davidhk Win User

Office 2007 was installed by your manufacturer and you paid for it.
    Yet it does not show in Programs and Features. That's easily possible ?

OK. If you say so.
    I have no idea how to help you.
    I apologize for wasting your time reading my replies.

Good luck.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  14. It's easily possible because, simply, that's the way the things are Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade :) I don't know whether this is caused by some bug during upgrade (because, frankly, I don't remember whether the entry existed before the upgrade). Nevertheless - the new info is that *** the IP address showing in the error message is not my WAN IP *** (of course it's neither my LAN local IP). What's causing this?

EDIT: Actually, it looks like I cannot send e-mails from any client on the upgraded box. Be it free, or paid.

Thema:

1. Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot send mail

2. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2007: Suddenly all my incoming emails are going to the deleted folder and NOT my inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2007/11eb6aa5-28c8-4fcb-ba87-5fbc13f35406
  3. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2007.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2007.: Found a fix online is this site legit?https://windowstechies.com/-/en/filename-gen/?file=Outlook%202007%20Scanpst%20Exe&gclid=Cj0KCQjwt_nmBRD0ARIsAJYs6o1p_6u34EciIgWzGrHft-v3_WCEwxcBf-8xpbu0gowFRvg4zV3dSgwaAiPpEALw_wcB...
  4. Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problem with using the Mail app and Outlook 2019 I can receive emails but can't send them. The error I get is 0x8009030f And after I press send, I get this message to my inbox: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  5. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  6. Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365: Greetings, I was referred by Brink to ask my question here. I'm going to upgrade from Office 2007 to an Office 365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import the .PST with all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar...
  7. After "November major upgrade" I cannot send mail from any mail client

in Browsers and Email
    After "November major upgrade" I cannot send mail from any mail client: As described two threads below, yesterday I installed WIN10 "november major upgrade". Since then, I am unable to send mail from *** any mail client *** on the box. Tried Outlook, Tried LIVE mail, Tried couple of programs that have "send-mail" feature. Every time i used the...
  8. Outlook 2010 not sending mail after upgrade - error 0x800CCC13

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 not sending mail after upgrade - error 0x800CCC13: Hi Outlook 2010 wont send mail after the upgrade. I have deleted all accounts and reinstalled them but I still have the same problem. The mail just sits in the outbox. error 0x800CCC13 Any help would be greatly appreciated, Many thanks Stuart 9939
  9. outlook 2007 not sending after windows 10 installation

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 not sending after windows 10 installation: After installing Windows 10 everything looks good but Outlook does not send emails they just sit in the outbox. Account settings look ok and server message is received when tested. Solved by running sfc /scannow then Office diagnostics. Thanks to the forum. 13016
  10. Outlook Cannot Send Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Cannot Send Mail: I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have multiple emails accounts with different vendors and it is doing the same on all of them so I have ruled out it being a hosting...