Windows 10: Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jaden, Jul 2, 2018.

1. jaden Win User

Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

Edge does not appear on the default browser list.

Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

jaden, Jul 2, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 2, 2018
  3. How to set Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you trying to set Microsoft Edge as default browser?

If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below to make
    Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Step 1: Go to settings by typing
    Settings in the search bar next to Start button, and press
    Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    System option from the window, and select Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Under
    Choose Default apps, scroll down the page, and select
    Set defaults by app.

Step 4: Select
    Microsoft Edge under Programs, and click on
    Set this program as default.

Step 5: Click
    OK. Close the window, and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

1. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot set Edge

2. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  3. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  4. Default browser setting will not stick including Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser setting will not stick including Edge: We have multiple Windows 10 Pro machines where the default browser for any domain user will be set to nothing upon login. We can set the default browser to Edge or anything else, but as soon as the user signs out and back in the setting is lost and there is no default set,...
  5. Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO

Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO: Hi All, I am trying to set the default browser to Edge for all computers in my company's domain via a GPO. We are fully a Windows 10 shop, and I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to do this for Windows 10, but the default browser is not being changed to Edge....
  6. Windows 10 is now nagging users to set Edge as the default browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now nagging users to set Edge as the default browser: In late 2018, Microsoft stunned everyone when it announced it was abandoning its EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge and would replace its own web rendering engine with the one that powers Chrome. To be fair, classic Edge has a lot going for it but also a lot going against it....
  7. Cannot set default web browser

Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  8. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  9. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  10. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant set edge as default not in the list

2. cannot set edge as default browser in windows 10