Windows 10: Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaden, Jul 2, 2018.

1. jaden Win User

Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

Edge does not appear on the default browser list.

Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

jaden, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    How to set Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you trying to set Microsoft Edge as default browser?

If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below to make
    Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Step 1: Go to settings by typing
    Settings in the search bar next to Start button, and press
    Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    System option from the window, and select Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Under
    Choose Default apps, scroll down the page, and select
    Set defaults by app.

Step 4: Select
    Microsoft Edge under Programs, and click on
    Set this program as default.

Step 5: Click
    OK. Close the window, and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 2, 2018
  4. guustavooo Win User

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot set Edge

2. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  3. Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings: I'm not even close to being ready for MS Edge. Problem is I can't set IE11 as the default in settings because it is not an option when I click on Web Browser in Settings. For what it's worth, Edge isn't listed either. Links in MS Outlook revert to Edge 45999
  4. Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10: I would not normally come whining and crying to you folks but I am not able to solve this one myself. This is a new install of Windows 10- done yesterday and Firefox was installed today. Using Firefox or Default apps in Windows 10, I cannot make Firefox the default...
  5. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099
  6. Windows won't set ANY default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows won't set ANY default browser: Pressing + will bring up the list but not set/keep the selection. 75048
  7. Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings: I currently have Firefox, IE and Edge installed on my PC. Firefox is set as the default browser. When I go into the default apps setting screen and click to change my default browser, only IE and Firefox are on the list, so I can't select Edge. However, if I click the...
  8. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...
  9. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...
  10. Cannot set default programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set default programs on Windows 10: I've had the problem in the title all the way back since 10 launched. Every time I try to change the default program in the settings menu (i.e changing edge to firefox) nothing will change. The edge logo will stay in the default browser section and firefox will still ask me...