Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaden, Jul 2, 2018.

1. jaden Win User

Edge does not appear on the default browser list.

Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

jaden, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Parth P Patel Win User

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    How to set Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you trying to set Microsoft Edge as default browser?

If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below to make
    Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Step 1: Go to settings by typing
    Settings in the search bar next to Start button, and press
    Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    System option from the window, and select Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Under
    Choose Default apps, scroll down the page, and select
    Set defaults by app.

Step 4: Select
    Microsoft Edge under Programs, and click on
    Set this program as default.

Step 5: Click
    OK. Close the window, and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 2, 2018
  4. guustavooo Win User

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot set Edge

2. Cannot access DVR settings from Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access DVR settings from Xbox App: Hello, when I open my Xbox app and click settings and go to Game DVR and select it, my Xbox app crashes and won't let me access the settings. The entire app freezes and then I have to relaunch. It closes easily without having to use task manager forcefully but is still...
  3. Cannot access DVR settings from Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access DVR settings from Xbox App: Hello, when I open my Xbox app and click settings and go to Game DVR and select it, my Xbox app crashes and won't let me access the settings. The entire app freezes and then I have to relaunch. It closes easily without having to use task manager forcefully but is still...
  4. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

in Windows 10 Support
    settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176
  5. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176
  6. Epson printer driver cannot be installed- solved by under settings/update and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson printer driver cannot be installed- solved by under settings/update and...: hi, there, I spent days to solve this printer driver problem. The printer worked fine and suddenly it did not work anymore. I was very frustrated and could not do my work for days. In the end, I needed to re-set my PC under settings/update and security/recovery/re-set...
  7. win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...: Although I set MS word as my default app to open DOCX, it still not work. I tried to reinstall the whole office. After the uninstallation, window suggest me using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16\Winword.exe" /n "%1" to open a DOCX file, however there is no...
  8. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  9. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558
  10. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE: When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it cannot access that link/page. I've tried several different pages, and all of them get rejected. Is this some type of glitch that...