Windows 10: Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treblefree, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean.

:)

treblefree, Feb 29, 2016

2. Bill

Microsoft Edge actually has two different concepts.

First is a "Open with:" where you choose what page/pages the browser will open with EACH TIME.

Second is the "Home Page" where you select whether the "Home" icon is shown and where you go when the button is visible and clicked or (button visible or not) you press "ALT+HOME" keys. (Note: you can only set the HOME page location when the setting for
    the Home button visibility is ON. You can turn it back off and the keyboard shortcut still works - you just don't actually have the HOME icon.)

The first is accessible directly under settings... "Open with". I could go into more detail - but why when it's been done so well HERE: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

The second is a little deeper in... under settings --> view advanced settings --> show the home button (on to set the home page and turn on the home icon, off to turn off the home icon [but the home page itself will stay set so the hotkey still works.])

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Shenan Stanley, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Bill

Microsoft Edge actually has two different concepts.

First is a "Open with:" where you choose what page/pages the browser will open with EACH TIME.

Second is the "Home Page" where you select whether the "Home" icon is shown and where you go when the button is visible and clicked or (button visible or not) you press "ALT+HOME" keys. (Note: you can only set the HOME page location when the setting for
    the Home button visibility is ON. You can turn it back off and the keyboard shortcut still works - you just don't actually have the HOME icon.)

The first is accessible directly under settings... "Open with". I could go into more detail - but why when it's been done so well HERE: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

The second is a little deeper in... under settings --> view advanced settings --> show the home button (on to set the home page and turn on the home icon, off to turn off the home icon [but the home page itself will stay set so the hotkey still works.])

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Shenan Stanley, Feb 29, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Here is a low tech workaround.
    Have Favorites Bar showing. Open the site used as Home Page. Save it to Favorites Bar & name it Home Page.
    Very crude, maybe, but, it works. *Wink

Will look into this a little more later!

snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Feb 29, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Troubleshooting suggestion only.......................
    Checking for file corruption. It will try to repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  9. Sunrise Win User
    I am having the same issue.

Sunrise, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Cannot set home

2. Microsoft Edge icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge icon: Hello Sir,Sir, as you can clearly see in the screenshot that in the taskbar, the "Microsoft Edge" icon is unusual like a file icon. Can you please tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Microsoft Edge icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge icon: Hello Sir,Sir, as you can clearly see in the screenshot that in the taskbar, the "Microsoft Edge" icon is unusual like a file icon. Can you please tell me how to fix this?...
  4. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  5. Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge Canary version 91.0.848.0 and later, Microsoft has added a new Assistance Home button on the toolbar that shows information about new features and settings, and quick settings like "Set Edge as the default browser", "Read better with Microsoft...
  6. microsoft edge button

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge button: why did microsoft edge button disappear from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-button/acda7fb1-c824-4d18-b983-2a9ae073a1bd
  7. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE: When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it cannot access that link/page. I've tried several different pages, and all of them get rejected. Is this some type of glitch that...
  8. No Home Icon on "Edge"

in Browsers and Email
    No Home Icon on "Edge": Anyone know of any changes or workarounds 8371
  9. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528
  10. Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...