Windows 10: Cannot Sign In to local account

Discus and support Cannot Sign In to local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dadada555, Aug 10, 2016.

1. dadada555 Win User

Cannot Sign In to local account

Hi ,
    I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game.
    Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account.
    I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign in to local account because the option not there, cannot delete ms account. *Mad

Cannot Sign In to local account [​IMG]

Any idea how can i delete this connection with the MS account ?

Thanks.

:)

dadada555, Aug 10, 2016

2. Local Admin Only

I can only sign in as "Local Administrator", I cannot activate "Sign in with Microsoft Account" which means, I cannot use EDGE Browser and other applications. This happened when I opted out of using Net Account.

{SOLVED]

UAC controls were set to minimum, set to default level then reset.

Log in on local admin account and go to settings ans change sign in to MS account.

queensgate555, Aug 10, 2016
  3. BRCjr Win User
    Why show me two account here?

There is a way because I had a very similar problem. I cannot now recall what I did to get only one user. I may have created a local account at users(sign in with local account instead) and then signing in with the local account removed Microsoft account
    at users> restarted and signed in again with local account> then at users chose to sign in with Microsoft account>>>signed in(restart might be needed) and verified it at users and was sent a number in email to enter and be verified. Now has one Name and email
    at sign in(uses it) and Guest Account listed which is not usable in Windows 10.

BRCjr, Aug 10, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi dadada555 and welcome to Tenforums.

You have to be careful and look for the really small print which offers you to sign into this app only, without changing your local account to an MS account. *Wink

So, here are the instructions to switch back to your local account as you prefer:
    Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers!

simrick, Aug 11, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    I note in original screen dump, you have not verified you MS account.

As you need to enter your MS password to change to a local account, it is possible you cannot change until account is verified.

Also, you have to be an admin account to do this change, of course.

cereberus, Aug 11, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Actually, that's the OP. *Wink @sportman33 has his own thread:
    Windows 10 Local Account ? - Windows 10 Forums

Let's go over there, so we don't confuse @dadada555.
    But you're absolutely right, the OP needs to verify first.
    @sportman33, I've asked a moderator to move your posts to your thread, so we can keep things from getting confusing.

simrick, Aug 11, 2016
  7. dadada555 Win User
    Hi ,

Seems like i still cannot change back to my local account, i just don't have the option to do that even after verifying the account.
    Microsoft support just said that i shouldn't use the local admin as a user (Yea right) and that they can't help me with that , they said that the only Solution is to open a new account ( which i less prefer).

Any ideas ?

dadada555, Aug 12, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

If you start typing in "accou" in the search bar, Manage Your Account will pop up.
    Or, click All Settings>Accounts.
    On that screen is Your Info and in that page you should have Sing in with a local account instead.

I already use a local account on this computer, so my option is to change to an MS account.

(If you have un-hid and are using the built-in Administrator account, that's a whole 'nother bird. You're not using that are you?)

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Sign In to local account - Similar Threads - Cannot Sign local

2. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com: I can sign into my Microsoft account on the Microsoft website but not locally on Windows 10.This is stopping me from upgrading to Windows Pro.The account I am trying to use is the same one I am using to post this question.I encounter the same problem when trying to add...
  3. Signing into local account bologna

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into local account bologna: OK. My laptop is going nuts here. I use a 4 digit pin to sign into my laptop after a startup or restart. I know and have written down my Microsoft Account password. When I launch the settings window, it shows that it wants me to sign into my local account. When I attempt to...
  4. Cannot sign-in with local user, only network account

Cannot sign-in with local user, only network account: I am trying to log-in with a local user but the log-in page only works for a domain, let's call WINDOWS. I've used net user test test /add and net user administrators test /add, and the commands work, but I can't see the accounts on startup, and the folders also do not exist....
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. Local account created but cannot sign in with it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account created but cannot sign in with it: Hello, I've created a local account on a computer, but it won't let me sign it. I also tried the changing the password for that user to see if I could around it that way; I got the through the security questions, and tried changing the password, but the new password...
  7. How to sign in to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sign in to a local account: When I go to Start>Settings>Accounts>My Info, the 'sign in with a local account instead' button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-to-a-local-account/f55fb102-ef11-4871-b38a-6831bd044fbd
  8. Can't sign in with Local Account

Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...