Windows 10: Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

Discus and support Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After recently updating laptop, I can no longer sign in unless I have an internet connection. I have tried to reset the PIN and the Password to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesGoodley, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

After recently updating laptop, I can no longer sign in unless I have an internet connection.

I have tried to reset the PIN and the Password to no avail.

Will be going on holiday soon and would like to be able to use my laptop without having an internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

:)

CharlesGoodley, Jul 31, 2018

2. Have a Toshiba laptop and will not stay connected to the internet

Hi Sharon,

There are different possible reason as to why your laptop is not able to connect to the internet. For use to resolve your concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• How do you connect your laptop to the internet? Are you using WiFi or a Ethernet connection?
    • Were there any error messages when you attempt to connect your laptop to the internet?
    • When was the last time your laptop connected to the internet?
    • Were there any recent changes made in you laptop?

Also you can refer to this article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for troubleshooting steps you can try.

We look forward to your response.

Jordan Dom, Jul 31, 2018
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

1. Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection - Similar Threads - Cannot sign laptop

2. I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...: I wanted to play on my computer with my new steering wheel I got, but I can't now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-computer-without-internet-my/f642220b-7a1e-40b0-adf3-6bd6cf53fb0c
  3. Cannot sign in without Internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in without Internet connection: I cannot sign in into my laptop without the Internet connection. Is there some possibility how to change it? I would like to be able to sign in even offline....
  4. Cannot sign in without Internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in without Internet connection: I cannot sign in into my laptop without the Internet connection. Is there some possibility how to change it? I would like to be able to sign in even offline....
  5. New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet: Hello, hope someone can help me.I've just got a new laptop Lenovo ThinkPad, and after the initial OS setup Win10 I cannot establish the internet connection. While initiating OS for the first time, when I got the the part Connecting to the Internet, I chose Windows with No...
  6. how to have internet connection without wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to have internet connection without wifi?: Just built a new PC and had it running and connecting to the internet without wifi. However, I had problems with my Windows 10 activation and a microsoft rep had to re-install the O/S for me. The rep actually had access to my computer remotely so I know my internet was...
  7. Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection: This is an ongoing issues regardless of the Windows 10 version. I have things on my laptop I need to access independent of internet. It's an HP Envy long out of support warranty....
  8. turning on laptop without having to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning on laptop without having to sign in: Is there a way to turn on your laptop without having to sign in? My laptop takes forever to get to the password and I thought if I turned it off it would speed it up....
  9. Cannot see rented movie without internet connection

Cannot see rented movie without internet connection: I purchased a movie for rent from the Microsoft Store but I cannot watch it offline, only online. Please is it an issue or the rented video is only for online watching? I also don’t see any subtitles....
  10. Internet connection lost and cannot sign in to Windows

Internet connection lost and cannot sign in to Windows: Hi all, I upgraded to Office 365 yesterday and my screen started flashing every time I performed a function. I needed to fix a display problem so I ran msconfig and selected start in safe mode and rebooted. The start screen came up for me to enter my windows password but it...