Windows 10: Cannot specify where to download files

Discus and support Cannot specify where to download files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I need to download sound files from a web site onto my portable device. The files are downloaded, but I cannot specify where I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aca, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Cannot specify where to download files

In Windows 10, I need to download sound files from a web site onto my portable device.
    The files are downloaded, but I cannot specify where I want them to go; they all go to C:\user\downloads, without pausing to ask me.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

2. ActiveSync issue with iMate JasJam

Thank you Linley - I downloaded the cab file but when attempting to copy it over from the PC desktop to the device, the same error message evokes: "error copying file - cannot copy ClearTemp - cannot find the specified file - make sure you specify the
    correct path and filename" ...

Susie Queue, Aug 1, 2015
  3. BubbiHR Win User
    Cannot delete file (Windows 10) - not usual problem

Thanx for sudgestion. I try but no luck.

I try del and rmdir but each time I get this:

D:\Downloads>del *

D:\Downloads\*, Are you sure (Y/N)? Y

D:\Downloads\17th Intenational Kickboxing Cup

The system cannot find the file specified.

D:\Downloads\Otvoreni kup

The system cannot find the file specified.

So this did not help Cannot specify where to download files :(.

Any other sudgestions?

BubbiHR, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Cannot specify where to download files

I guess you are using the new Edge browser. Yes, there are lots of functionality and settings missing yet from Edge. Hopefully, these things will be added in future updates. In they mean time, why not use a different browser? Google Chrome works fine for me.

OppfinnarJocke, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thanks, Jocke.
    Yes, that happened with the new Edge.
    I'll do what you suggest; Chrome works o.k. for me too.
    But will the Microsoft people ever notice, and then fix, that little failure in Edge?

Thema:

Cannot specify where to download files

1. Cannot specify where to download files - Similar Threads - Cannot specify where

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  5. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  6. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  8. DISM.exe cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM.exe cannot find the file specified: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0317134.885 (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.885...
  9. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  10. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...