Windows 10: Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service

Discus and support Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I get the error below and the event below logged when I try to start the RRAS service. Any ideas? [img] [img] 85661 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by T0mmy1977, May 29, 2017.

1. T0mmy1977 Win User

Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service

I get the error below and the event below logged when I try to start the RRAS service. Any ideas?

Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service [​IMG]

Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service [​IMG]

:)

T0mmy1977, May 29, 2017

2. Cannot create New Incoming Connection

I was attempting to setup an incoming VPN connection so I could securely connect to a remote machine of mine (non-domain). In Network Connections I go to File -> New Incoming Connection. I select the user, check off 'Through the Internet', then click
    'Allow Access'.

I get the error:

Windows could not create your connection

Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.

In the System event log I have Event 7024:

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error:

General access denied error

In services, Routing and Remote Access is set to start automatic, but it is stopped. When I try to start it I get the following error:

The Routing and Remote Access service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703 build 15063.138

NickChristodoulou1, May 29, 2017
  3. PitsXI Win User
    routing and remote access service won't start on windows 10 (creators update)

hm. ill have to try it on a device that still has the anniversary update. its an issue with the update if it works on there

PitsXI, May 29, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, May 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot Start the Routing and Remote Access Service - Similar Threads - Cannot Start Routing

2. Routing and Remote Access cannot be started because of the following error . Please see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Routing and Remote Access cannot be started because of the following error . Please see...: The system cannot find the file specified. 80070002I already Add Roles in server 2019. I want to start the service of Remote and Routing Access.Service Control Manager won't start. I tried all the possible fixes that I find in the forum but I can't fix them.In event viewer...
  3. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  4. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  5. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Routing and Remote Access service terminated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Routing and Remote Access service terminated: Hello,I am currently trying to setup a VPN on Windows 10 Home following this guide: https://pureinfotech.com/setup-vpn-server-windows-10/.When I try to add a "New Incoming Connection" to my Network Connections, I get the following error:"Windows could not create your...
  7. Windows 10 Routing and Remote Access service terminated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Routing and Remote Access service terminated: Hello,I am currently trying to setup a VPN on Windows 10 Home following this guide: https://pureinfotech.com/setup-vpn-server-windows-10/.When I try to add a "New Incoming Connection" to my Network Connections, I get the following error:"Windows could not create your...
  8. Windows 10 Routing and Remote Access service terminated

9. Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) not starting on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) not starting on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]RRAS (Routing and Remote Access Service) is a Microsoft API software router that lets businesses deploy VPN connections in order to provide the end-users with remote access to their organization’s network. It also lets you set up a site-to-site VPN connection between...
  10. Routing and remote access services VPN problem.

Routing and remote access services VPN problem.: Hi! I have a problem with my windows 10.. I try to create a incoming connection VPN and if a try i get that screen: [ATTACH] Sorry for the Hungarian but I'am Hungarian.. So thats screen says "The incoming connections depend on the routung and remote access sevice, that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 7024 routing and remote access

2. routing and remote access service was unable to start

3. the routing and remote access service terminated with the following service-specific error:the system cannot find the file specified.

4. SERVER 2016 event 7024 ROUTING AND REMOTE cannot find specified file,
  5. incomming connections depend on the routing and remote acess service which was unable to start,
  6. 2019 The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the file specified.,
  7. remote and routing services stopped after server restart windows 2019,
  8. routing and remote access cannot be started,
  9. server 2019 rras 7024,
  10. rras The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the file specified.