Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error

Discus and support Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I woke today to find my computer shutdown (I had it on last night). I got this message during startup: Cpu fan speed error detected Make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikabomb, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mikabomb Win User

I woke today to find my computer shutdown (I had it on last night). I got this message during startup:

Cpu fan speed error detected
    Make sure that the cpu fan is a properly installed on the cpu_fan header
    adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option the UEFI bios

I went into the bios and I found cpu fan settings, but I didn’t find the “low limit” option anywhere. I also tried optimize my fans, but that didn’t work.

Thanks in advance.

:)

mikabomb, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jul 27, 2018
  3. NickOttWU Win User
    CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Jul 27, 2018
  4. iamabhee Win User

iamabhee, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error - Similar Threads - Cannot startup cpu

2. error code 0X800X70000E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0X800X70000E: how do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-code-0x800x70000e/ca0a7018-ed91-4b4e-98b1-a149a844b2d5
  3. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  4. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  5. Windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problems: I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 10 installed on a SSD drive. Everything been running fine for months until this morning the while the PC is logging on started to exhibit erratic behavior, screen going blank, PC resetting and restart, etc. Currently It won't finish...
  6. Cannot connect to my smart Tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to my smart Tv: After update windows 10, i tried to connect to my Hisense smart TV using anyview cast, but the laptop cannot find the TV itself. Before updating there was no problem connecting to the TV...
  7. Update Errors

Update Errors: The new 1803 update keeps downloading but never installs. Media creation tool encounters an error every time I try to get a manual setup file. I can't keep spending so much on data for an update that I didn't ask for and can't do anything about and even worse windows update...
  8. Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors: how do you fix directx runtime Errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/errors/54c7adf8-e596-4b0f-8d23-3e96c3e4828d
  9. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  10. Monitors Generic PnP monitor error code 52 and no brigntness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors Generic PnP monitor error code 52 and no brigntness option: I'm not able to decrese my brightness and the brightness option on the battery mark is Darken and the monitors in Device Manger is showing error code 52...