Windows 10: Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error

Discus and support Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I woke today to find my computer shutdown (I had it on last night). I got this message during startup: Cpu fan speed error detected Make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikabomb, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mikabomb Win User

Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error

I woke today to find my computer shutdown (I had it on last night). I got this message during startup:

Cpu fan speed error detected
    Make sure that the cpu fan is a properly installed on the cpu_fan header
    adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option the UEFI bios

I went into the bios and I found cpu fan settings, but I didn’t find the “low limit” option anywhere. I also tried optimize my fans, but that didn’t work.

Thanks in advance.

:)

mikabomb, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jul 27, 2018
  3. NickOttWU Win User
    CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Jul 27, 2018
  4. iamabhee Win User

iamabhee, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error - Similar Threads - Cannot startup cpu

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...: So since a short while my laptop's dell latitude 3310 windows 11 with intel core i5 CPU fan has been spinning quite fast whenever I start it up, When I check task manager it doesn't seem to detect why it is spinning so fast and just blames my task manager for using like 66%...
  5. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  6. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan: Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was...
  7. GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.: Since switching to W10 pro on a new build, two months ago, the CPU and GPU fans have been running at full speed for 1-2 seconds at startup. The graphics card is about a year old RX580 8GB and the M.B. is new Gigabyte Elite X570 with an AMD 3600. Sometimes they run for 1...
  8. CPU fan error

CPU fan error: I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?...
  9. Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error

Cannot startup because of cpu fan speed error: I woke today to find my computer shutdown (I had it on last night). I got this message during startup: Cpu fan speed error detected Make sure that the cpu fan is a properly installed on the cpu_fan header adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option the UEFI bios I went...
  10. CPU Fan control error

CPU Fan control error: My laptop is HP 8470p. This problem happened only after I install the Anniversary update. My CPU fan sometimes does not increase speed when the temperature increase. And sometime when it running at full speed with high CPU temperature, it suddenly slow down (not off and CPU...