Windows 10: Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network

Discus and support Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi forum, I've got a problem in stopping sharing some folders across my home network. Not sure if it matters, but I'm on Windows 10 Pro, running my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NZGhostChips, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network

Hi forum,

I've got a problem in stopping sharing some folders across my home network. Not sure if it matters, but I'm on Windows 10 Pro, running my admin user account.
    Anyways, I have a folder I want to unshare from my network called Pictures2 which I believe is empty. The problem is I don't seem to have access to it even though it seems to originate from my PC.

Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network [​IMG]

While I was able to unshare the 'Videos2' folder by going into the Properties normally, I can't stop sharing 'Pictures2' from my network even though my computer is the one sharing it. Double-clicking gives a "Windows cannot access XXX" error.

I did notice a difference between these folders which may or may not be important - The Pictures2 folder doesn't have an owner (either that or it can't display it in advanced security settings) while the Videos2 owner was SYSTEM.
    My user account was in the 'shared' list of both these two folders which is strange, as I couldn't access Pictures2 but could access Videos2.
    Honestly I don't know how or when they were even created and I can't find them on my local drive if they're even meant to be there.

I tried using the manual cmd method suggested in another thread but get this:

Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network [​IMG]

I would like this Pictures2 folder unshared, and if I know where it's located on my PC I can delete it too.

Help?! Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

NZGhostChips, Oct 31, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Where to control Network shares.

Hi!

Network connects by password. All users libraries are shared by default. Where is the correct place to stop sharing for network share? In C:\users, or in the network folder under Network.

Teddy2016, Oct 31, 2015
  3. How to stop folder sharing

i have a folder shared using LIBRARIES...Video folder

the files and folders shared are appearing in network..

but the question is how to stop a folder or file ...the root folder of which is already shared in Video libraries ...

i tried the STOP SHARING option which dosen't stop the file from appearing in the shared folder.

EXAMPLE:

the folder : TEST = 5 video files A,B,C,D,E

I Have included this folder in VIDEO LIBRARIES , so it is shared.

now i don't want to share video 'C' from TEST folder, how to remove this single file?

already used STOP SHARING option which has no effect.

Muhammad MuneebSidi Ali, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network

I've managed to solve this issue. I was able to make myself the owner of the folder by going through Computer Management>Shared Folders and selecting my user account. Then I was able to simply stop the sharing. Not sure if that deleted the file as I can't find it but I don't mind.

NZGhostChips, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network

1. Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network - Similar Threads - Cannot stop sharing

2. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  3. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  4. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot share files, folders or drives in Network (in Explorer)

Cannot share files, folders or drives in Network (in Explorer): Even though I am the administrator for my laptop an pc which are networked via ethernet I am refused permission to share files, folders or drives. That is is in spite of the fact that I have connected the drives, and created the folders and files. I have enabled sharing for...
  6. Network Access-Your Folder Cannot be shared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Access-Your Folder Cannot be shared: I am working on the server that contains these network files. They are old, some very old backup files that need to be removed. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-access-your-folder-cannot-be-shared/c43de3d0-03c2-4eae-8428-cbc12aa5361d
  7. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  8. Network Shared Folder

Network Shared Folder: I set permissions for a user to a network shared folder, and then mapped the network folder on her laptop. At first everything seems fine, but then one of the subfolders disappear, and later reappears. This has been going on intermittently since. Any ideas why this is...
  9. Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures)

Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures): Hi all.. Background I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was done OTA. While I was using Windows 7 I had no network problems. Network Issue After the upgrade I am no longer able to access my shared folders or even the other shared computers...
  10. Cannot share folders over home network

Cannot share folders over home network: I used to have a HomeGroup, I understand that this is now gone. I can now only see media files over the network. I have changed all the folder secure sharing settings to allow viewing folders over the home network. I still don't see them. Just the media files. What's the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows can not stop sharing folder

2. windows2019 shared folder