Windows 10: Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] We all run multiple programs and apps, and it’s important that we be able to switch between them either by clicking on their Taskbar icons or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 17, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 17, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot switch between

2. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  3. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  4. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  5. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar: The case: My wife and I share the same home PC for work, that we use independently throughout the day. We would like to be able to switch between our users without having to log out and close/reopen our respective documents and apps. Kinda like how it works on a Mac when you...
  6. Cannot switch between multiple windows of the same application on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot switch between multiple windows of the same application on the taskbar: I have a problem with my desktop where if I have multiple windows open of the same application eg. Firefox, steam etc. and try to switch between them by clicking them on the taskbar, nothing will happen, or occasionally they will pop up for a split second before closing...
  7. Gap between program windows and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gap between program windows and taskbar: https://snipboard.io/q0jind.jpg You can see Spotify, in a maximised window or what it's called, then a little few pixels of Discord, which weirdly is the only thing that actually manages to reach the taskbar, and then the taskbar. Discord is not the cause, if i turn it off,...
  8. Cant switch between applications using taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant switch between applications using taskbar: Hi All, I've been facing a issue with taskbar applications. whenever i have more than one instance of the same same application like two workbooks of excel or two windows of chrome i cant switch to different application using the thumbnail that comes on application icon in...
  9. how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs: I have two windows open, chrome and firefox. Each of course has a taskbar tab. If I click on the chrome tab it brings the chrome window into focus. But then if I click the chrome tab again, it brings the firefox window into focus. I assume this is default windows behavior...
  10. Cannot switch between accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot switch between accounts: Hi everyone. I have a weird problem on my computer. Windows 10 suddently stopped offering me the possiblility of switching between my accounts. I have 2 administrator accounts, one local with no password, and one linked to an outlook account with a password. Before, I could...