Windows 10: Cannot test boot my Dell Factory Recovery Media FD - 0xc000000f.

Discus and support Cannot test boot my Dell Factory Recovery Media FD - 0xc000000f. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to perform a factory recovery test boot using my Dell Factory Recovery Media Flash Drive. Getting this error msg: Boot Manager:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomx2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. tomx2 Win User

Cannot test boot my Dell Factory Recovery Media FD - 0xc000000f.

Hi.

I am trying to perform a factory recovery test boot using my Dell Factory Recovery Media Flash Drive.
    Getting this error msg:

Boot Manager:
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
    1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
    2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
    3.Click "Repair your computer."
    If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info:Required device isn't connected or couldn't be accessed.

History:
    About a month ago I created a Dell recovery media on my Seagate external hard drive using DBaR 1.8 utility. Result: I successfully booted into Dell Backup & Recovery window using this external HD.

What I have done today:
    Successfully created a Dell factory Recovery Media with a flash drive using DBaR 1.8 utility.
    Restarted, hitting F12. Inserted FD. Received error message (see above) after option selection.

Fixes Tried:
    Recreated recovery media (for a second time) on same Flash Drive using DBaR 1.8. Result same error msg.
    From Command Prompts entered /F & /R with flash drive. Result: No errors detected.
    Ran sfc /scannow from command prompt on L: C:\. Result: No errors detected.

Notes of Interest:.
    Selected option UEFI Pny USB 2.0 FD1100 as my input source.
    When using Flash Drive was presented with option “Windows Setup” on Boot screen.
    When using Seagate external hard drive was presented with option “My computer name” on Boot screen.

Any ideas why I can boot from my Seagate external HD into DbaR Factory screen and not with my Flash Drive?
    I have no problem logging into windows 10 the normal way. Just trying to create/test a Dell Factory recovery media FD to archive instead of the external drive.

TC.

:)

tomx2, Feb 7, 2016

2. E7470 Clean Win 10 install

Did you follow Dells instructions:

Zurücksetzen oder Neuinstallation von Windows 10 auf Ihrem Dell Computer | Dell Deutschland

Restore your Dell computer to the Dell factory image using recovery media

If you have created recovery media and need to use it (because the hard drive was replaced or the pre-installed recovery partition is not available), you can restore your computer to factory settings by following these steps:

This process formats the hard drive and removes all data. Be sure you have backed up your files prior to beginning
    this task.
    • Insert the recovery media into a USB port or a DVD drive, depending on the format you used to create the recovery media.
    • Power the computer off.
    • Power the computer on and, at the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 key several times until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen.
    • At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD).
    • Select your keyboard language.
    • At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Factory Image Restore.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process. This will take some time and your computer will restart.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 7, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I can’t log into my new laptop

Jay, do you mean it went into Dell Diagnostics and ran a Test? Seeing as it is a Dell: Boot your computer. Press the F8 key repeatedly when the Dell logo appears on your screen When the Advanced Boot Options screen appears, select Repair Your Computer
    . . . Click Next . . . Click on Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options NOTE: if the F8 key does not get you there try the F12 key!

DaveM121, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Cannot test boot my Dell Factory Recovery Media FD - 0xc000000f.

1. Cannot test boot my Dell Factory Recovery Media FD - 0xc000000f. - Similar Threads - Cannot test boot

2. Stuck in recovery error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in recovery error code 0xc000000f: I really have am stuck in recovery an cannot use enter,esc,f1,f8,. Error code 0xc000000f but still cannot use usb with windows 10 or plug an play dvd with windows 10. I need to format or wipe drive ssd clean. But how an where to go to get those items? On usb an plug an play...
  3. Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f

Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f: So i was having some keyboard issue,i tried clean installation using media creation tool and ended up with 0xc000000e error.now i tried it again but i can't because of the same error,so i tried fresh start from windows defender but it wasn't completed as after every restart...
  4. Recovery error code: 0xc000000f

Recovery error code: 0xc000000f: My laptop is showing the error message in the photo. I do not have the recovery tools to repair my laptop, nor would I be comfortable doing it myself. So I took it to a computer repair service and they say that they tested it and there is "No Drive Detected", and that I...
  5. Recovery error 0xc000000f

Recovery error 0xc000000f: Whenever I try to start my Windows 10 PC, I get an error titled "Recovery". It says: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f You'll need to use recovery...
  6. Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f: Trying to fix a friend's HP 255 G4 laptop. Last week it suddenly stopped booting, she asked to have a look. On boot it came up with blue screen Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code 0xc000000f At another time...
  7. Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f): Hi, My Windows 10 machine updated itself today (taking a really long time). When it was finished I rebooted it and I'm getting: Recovery Your PC/device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f I tried booting from...
  8. Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f

Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f: I have files on my computer I desperately need to get to. I get the blue screen with the 0xc000000f. Computer is older. Compaq CQ60. Had store bought windows 8 (I have the discs) but I upgraded it to 10 online. How can I recover my files or get it to start up. Computer...
  9. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...
  10. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f: Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell factory recovery key test boot 0xc00000f

2. dell factory recovery media fd usb not boot