Windows 10: Cannot turn off auto date

Discus and support Cannot turn off auto date in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Please forgive my original post,mislaid my glasses so spelling was atrocious. I turned on Auto Date in Word 2016/Office 365,which worked as i expected... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sparkie240, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Cannot turn off auto date

Please forgive my original post,mislaid my glasses so spelling was atrocious.
    I turned on Auto Date in Word 2016/Office 365,which worked as i expected current date automatically added to new documents.
    However the problem i have is that the auto date also changes the date on old documents to the current date.
    How can i stop this from happening. I have of course unchecked the Auto Date box but this makes no difference at all..

All ideas welcome thank you.

:)

sparkie240, Apr 10, 2018

2. Windows Store

Have you tried to reset the time and date of your computer/laptop

turn off auto set date and time, then turn on the windows store and see if it crashes and if so, turn on auto set date and time an dsee if this helped.

Darkwolf12, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Lumia 920 - Automatic date + time fault after soft reset

I have experienced the same. You do need to turn the auto-update of time and date off, then set the date and time manually, then turn the auto-update back on and it fixes itself.

adrianhughesNSD, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Cannot turn off auto date

1. Cannot turn off auto date - Similar Threads - Cannot turn off

2. Cannot turn off Pause option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot turn off Pause option: For some reason, I cannot turn off Pause Update on Windows 10 Update. The yellow pause button is showing but when I open Advanced, there is no option to turn off Pause. If I look at the options, the first date given is tomorrow but that stays that way each day. (see...
  3. cannot turn off desktop auto grid

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot turn off desktop auto grid: I have spent 30 minutes searching for an answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-desktop-auto-grid/9db7a7e8-2f08-4304-a98e-497e4320007f
  4. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  5. Cannot turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot turn airplane mode off: i performed a disc clean now cannot access wi fi and airplane mode is on in light shade cannot turn off. Using windows 10 upgraded from 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-turn-airplane-mode-off/052fd60e-0730-4544-b36d-315e2aa8984a
  6. Cannot turn off windows defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off windows defender.: My mom and I are in a bit of a pickle here. She teaches science and has attempted to download a few programs onto her computer, but Windows Defender is not allowing her to open it, and often removes the program. I know it's safe because I've used it on my own computer....
  7. Windows Defender Cannot Be Turned Off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Cannot Be Turned Off: As I use a proprietary antirvirus, and on a whim, I just thought to check my Windows Defender setting, only to find to find that it was turned on*. (I could swear I turned it off, sometime in the past. I was further surprised to find that the On/Off button is disabled--so I...
  8. Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off: My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693. I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now everyday after 9pm, the screen goes into blue light redution model. However, I want to revert it back to normal. The interesting...
  9. Cannot turn off bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot turn off bluetooth: I am using a desktop PC that does not have any Bluetooth devices, but Bluetooth is shown as on in the notification center. If I click on it there, it guides me to settings>devices, but there is no Bluetooth option there. I checked device manager and I do not have any...
  10. How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?: When I type in cortana to search my PC, for ex: task manager..I get a stack of web site results from the web also. How do I disable the web search option on cortana , to just search PC ? If I want to search web I will use google.*Smilethanks 15063.138 / 1703 win10 82150