Windows 10: Cannot "Turn on media streaming"

Discus and support Cannot "Turn on media streaming" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 media streaming is off and when the "Turn on media streaming" button is selected there is no effect, no error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by miketorb, Feb 17, 2016.

1. miketorb Win User

Cannot "Turn on media streaming"

After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 media streaming is off and when the "Turn on media streaming" button is selected there is no effect, no error message, no action. Since this feature was on before the upgrade I'm assuming some dependent services where either turned off or not installed. I've verified WMP is fully functional with shared services on. I've successfully joined a Homegroup, allowing me to play media from other computers, so I'm not looking at my firewall for now. My other ACER laptop which was also upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 has no problem with this service. I'm hoping someone can point me to a troubleshooting guide/white paper that shows all the dependencies. Thanks.

:)

miketorb, Feb 17, 2016

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Feb 17, 2016
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Feb 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Unless you plan on playing using DLNA on a TV or other streaming device, you can do a standard network share. Usually sfc /scannow and the Dism fix corrects this behavior.

bro67, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot "Turn on media streaming" - Similar Threads - Cannot Turn media

2. Media Streaming keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming keeps turning off: Hi. I was just wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i turn on media streaming via network and sharing centre, upon a shutdown or reboot etc it will always rever to being turned off. Is there a way to keep it turned on? Many thanks Anthony...
  3. Can't turn on Media Streaming

Can't turn on Media Streaming: "Media streaming is not turned on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or a similar service that it depends on failed to start. Use Windows services administrative tool to find out more details about the Network Sharing Service and its dependencies." Like THAT is...
  4. Cannot activate media streaming.

Cannot activate media streaming.: When I turn on media streaming it tells me that media streaming is not turned on so when I go into Windows service administration tools and try to started their windows could not start the window media player network sharing services services on local computer comes up with...
  5. media streaming unable to turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming unable to turn on: How can I find ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\ file in Windows 10? I need to rename the msrp.hds files in order to allow Netflix or Amazon streaming to play; according to Microsoft. I had no problem with either of these before the last Windows update! Help the next laptop...
  6. Media streaming is not turn on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media streaming is not turn on: OK I have posted this issue several times. The last 2 Windows update is interfering with media streaming from my PC to my Xbox. My Xbox was able to detect my PC as I set it up as a media server so that I can stream movies from my PC to my Xbox to watch on my tv but after an...
  7. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  8. Turn on media streaming is not working

Turn on media streaming is not working: Turn on media streaming is not working. when I click Turn on media streaming, it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/turn-on-media-streaming-is-not-working/a298205b-f312-4102-8430-20e0ae887beb
  9. media streaming not turning on

media streaming not turning on: I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and...
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697