Windows 10: cannot type in body of document area

Discus and support cannot type in body of document area in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I found this site and looking forward to better learn the Win 10. Santa brought me a new Lenova laptop for Christmas and I am finding things are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jabo, Jan 7, 2016.

1. jabo Win User

cannot type in body of document area

Today I found this site and looking forward to better learn the Win 10. Santa brought me a new Lenova laptop for Christmas and I am finding things are quite different from my previous Win 7 software.
    I have been able to find my way around so far, but cannot figure this one out.
    I can open documents as usual, change name of new folder, but cannot type in the body of the document area. I have tried several times with no luck. What am I doing wrong???? Please help a senior!!
    *Smile

:)

jabo, Jan 7, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Security

Hi Stone Age Farmer, no need to convert your documents, you can password protect your documents in WordPerfect:

To assign a password to a WordPerfect document

Click File - Save As.

Enable the Password Protect check box

Click Save.

In the Password area of the Password Protection dialog box, type a password in the 'Type Password for Document' box

In the Protection Options area, enable one of the available options

DaveM121, Jan 7, 2016
  3. DKNY2012 Win User
    Texting shortcuts?

If you mean a situation where a Microsoft Word document is on the start screen you can type out your document then save it, then long-click on the document in the documents area of Microsoft Office and the choice to "Pin to start" will appear.

Then the document will be on the start screen

DKNY2012, Jan 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Not much different from 7, other then you can use tiles in the Menu, when you first click on it.

Just roll up your sleeves and jump right in.

What are you using for Word Processing? That part is a important vital piece of information.

bro67, Jan 7, 2016
  5. jabo Win User
    When I tried it, I used the start menu on the left, clicked on documents, and opened a new document, changed the name, that is when I tried to create the document but could not get the information in the body of it.

jabo, Jan 7, 2016
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Make sure you are not stuck in Compatibility Mode for your document. It'll be read-only.

XweAponX, Jan 7, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    What are you using to create documents? Word, Wordpad? We need to know, so that you can be walked through.

bro67, Jan 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

No way of knowing until they disclose the software.

bro67, Jan 8, 2016
  9. jabo Win User
    Hey guy's, I have never had this kind of problems until I got this NEW LAPTOP WIN 10. Always back to DOS I've been able to figure things out. This one has me stumped, please read my previous post, I don't know how else to explain, and rolling up my sleeves and dig in there is not the answer I need NPI. I've created many documents in the past. If someone can just give me the sequence to get it working. Again, what I've done is in my other posts. Thanks for listening.

jabo, Jan 8, 2016
  10. Word Man Win User
    Hi, jabo.

When I do what you said you do in your 2nd post, it opens File explorer. What I CAN do from there is, over on the right, where it displays some folders and files, I can RIGHT-click in the open blank area and a menu will pop up where I can select by moving my mouse pointer over "New >", whereupon another menu will pop up and I can select by clicking on Text Document, Microsoft Word Document, and other things.

If I click on "Microsoft Word Document" (for example), a new file will appear in that display area on the right and be waiting for me to type in a name for the document. After I type a name, I hit enter, then hit enter again, and then the document opens and I can type in the body of that document.

If I click on "New Text Document" instead of "Microsoft Word Document", it goes exactly the same way.

Exactly where does this go differently for you?

Word Man, Jan 8, 2016
  11. jabo Win User
    Word Man, thanks so much for the reply/info. Sometime tomorrow I am going to it again and follow your advise. I sure hope it works, you will know what happens, and again, thanks.

12. bro67 Win User
    Still need to know the program you are using to create documents. It does not matter what you were using in the past. We need to know what you are using on Windows 10 to create documents. That is a pretty vital piece of information that is really helpful.

bro67, Jan 8, 2016
  13. jabo Win User

bro67/ Thanks for the reply....... I click on the windows logo in bottom l/corner which brings up start menu, then I click on DOCUMENTS, open new file, but cannot type the info for document.

14. bro67 Win User
    That still does not tell anyone what program that you are using. Still need that information.

bro67, Jan 8, 2016
  15. jabo Win User
    Win 10

Thema:

1. cannot type in body of document area - Similar Threads - cannot type body

2. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  3. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  4. No attachments on GMail and Cannot see body of sent items

in Windows 10 Customization
    No attachments on GMail and Cannot see body of sent items: I hope someone can help. Windows 10 Mail program I have three email addresses using the Mail program Outlook works well. G Mail is a problem It does not include attachments. I can open these attachments on my Ipad. On the PC mail they simply don't exist. If I go to the...
  5. cannot type

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot type: im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type/8a0d8e9c-c181-42b8-8e0c-2bcb2b4e0926
  6. Can't type in certain areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in certain areas: Hello, please could someone help. I have an Acer EX2519 laptop and I have Office Home/Personal ? installed. It was working fine till a few weeks ago. I can type my password and log on at start up, but it won't let me type in the following situations:- 1 log onto a wifi...
  7. Formal complaint body

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Formal complaint body: Is there a formal complaint body I can contact against Microsoft? Microsoft support has been utterly garbage. I have contacted them over 5 times and this has not been resolved. I had a refund processed against a closed bank account. I have contacted the bank and they cannot...
  8. I can't type in the body of Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't type in the body of Mail: I am running Windows 10 Home and Mail; I can't type in the body of Mail to compose an email message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-body-of-mail/29136370-47be-4e20-9f0e-9cc27261372f
  9. Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

in Cortana
    Cannot type in certain areas within Windows: I can't run a Windows search, or do anything at all in the Windows store, including logging in to Microsoft. The keyboard doesn't register, and I can't even right click (though I can right click in Windows search). Troubleshoots I've tried... running ctfmon Both...
  10. In the firefox browsing history, in a website's Location area or Name area, if we type...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the firefox browsing history, in a website's Location area or Name area, if we type...: The screenshot I've posted below is my firefox browsing history. In it see the portion I've drawn, the Location area for every website. In that long number of letters, if we accidentally type something, will that be an issue? I accidentally typed something while clicking in...