Windows 10: Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar)

Discus and support Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to uninstall internet explorer toolbars, which I have never used and don't even know when they had been installed. (BTW, I am not using IE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cuocuo, Aug 10, 2018.

1. cuocuo Win User

Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar)

I was trying to uninstall internet explorer toolbars, which I have never used and don't even know when they had been installed. (BTW, I am not using IE very often, but sometimes I really need to use it to access some sites due to Active X issues)
    So, I managed to uninstall most of them without any issue, but failed to unintall one. If I select the toolbar in Apps & features, and click on 'Uninstall', I keep getting a message that "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msinfhlp.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Why am I getting this error, and is there a way that I force it to be uninstalled?

:)

cuocuo, Aug 10, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar) :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 10, 2018
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar)

Need help on uninstalling Ask toolbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to uninstall Ask toolbar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know how you have installed the toolbar and in which browser have you installed the toolbar.

Ask tool bar mostly comes as bundled as a part of various other applications and add-ons.

If you are running internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to delete it.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Gear like icon.

• Select "Manage add-ons”.

• Select all the extensions that are associated with Ask.com and the files which you do not know, and Disable them one by one.
    To change the default search engine back to Bing (by default on Internet Explorer):

• Click on "Search Providers" in the right pane of the same "Manage Add-ons" window.

• If Ask.com will show up in the list. Click on the "Remove" button at the bottom.

• Click on "Bing" and then the "Set as Default" button.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar)

1. Cannot uninstall a program (IE toolbar) - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall program

2. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  3. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  5. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  6. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  7. Cannot Uninstall Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Uninstall Program: I'm using Windows 10 and trying to uninstall a program. I get the ox80040702 error message that it can't do this because of a missing dll file, but I found the file, copied it to Windows/System32, and then rebooted without success. I tried to uninstall in safe mode, same...
  8. Cannot uninstall program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall program: I logged onto my laptop today, I kept getting virus pop ups and found what program they were coming from but it wont let me uninstall it. I looked up the name of the program and found multiple places saying it was a virus itself....
  9. uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar: i'm not able to access "uninstall or change a program " from the toolbar. To understand this problem i'm attaching a video link. please check it out. Link : https://youtu.be/FITYBh_C_eI...
  10. cannot uninstall program

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot uninstall program: This Segurazo can not uninstall from windows 10, even not in apps & features, show in program area. How to remove / uninstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-program/52122203-e2ea-407f-9147-e308e66427d6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error occurred while trying to uninstall yahoo toolbar