Windows 10: Cannot uninstall a program in Win10

Discus and support Cannot uninstall a program in Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I uninstalled a program, and a day later I did a system restore. The program is back, but I can't uninstall it again. When I try to uninstall it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Cannot uninstall a program in Win10

So I uninstalled a program, and a day later I did a system restore. The program is back, but I can't uninstall it again. When I try to uninstall it from the add/remove programs list nothing happens, same with using ccleaner.

Found this, but it doesn't work for Win10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?wa=wsignin1.0

:)

possom2009, Mar 29, 2016

2. Cannot uninstall a program in windows 10

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to unistall uTorrent on Windows 10 and every time I click uninstall I get a message "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall uTorrent. Please contact your system administrator."

The issue is I am the only one with an account and am the admin on it. I can't find how to login as an admin on Windows 10 to delete it.

NeilRenton, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Cannot Uninstall a program in Windows 10

Hi,

The challenges that you are having with your application in Windows 10 may be caused by underlying conflicts in the operating system itself. Uninstalling the program is a good way to isolate the issue. Here is a link that should direct you
    to a page that contains instructions on how to do so:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Should you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Freddrick Pal, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cannot uninstall a program in Win10

Hello possum2009, *Smile

What program is it?

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION SEVEN in the tutorial below to uninstall it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

If not, then you might see if you may be able to uninstall it after reinstalling the program.

Brink, Mar 29, 2016
  5. It is called ToshibaRegistration. it was pre installed.

possom2009, Mar 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 29, 2016
  7. possom2009, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Revo Uninstaller would be a good option to see if it may.

Brink, Mar 29, 2016
  9. Revo Uninstaller did it. But I'm slightly worried. How safe is Revo Uninstaller?

possom2009, Mar 29, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's safe if your careful with it.

Brink, Mar 29, 2016
  11. I can back Brink on this over Revo Uninstaller.
    I use it a lot on any computer if there is a program that wont uninstall

hTconeM9user, Mar 29, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Revo uninstall is an excellent program.
    Once I needed Revo to uninstall google Chrome which for some reason could not be uninstall via Programs and Features.
    I used Revo and not only it uninstalled Chrome instantly, it also ask me if I wanted to remove what were left in the registry.
    I said yes, and it showed me the entries I needed to delete. Not only that, it showed them in BOLD prints so that I would pick the right ones to delete.
    I did that without any trouble.
    I recommend it anytime.

*** adding............... Revo has been in existence since the early days of Windows Vista. It is well known among the Windows users.

davidhk, Mar 29, 2016
  13. Cannot uninstall a program in Win10

Hmm... The program folder and its files are still there. It no longer shows up in revo uninstaller now. Can I just delete them now?

possom2009, Mar 29, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    You found them in C:/ Program Files (x86) folder ?
    If yes, it is safe to delete them.

davidhk, Mar 29, 2016
  15. Yeah. Thanks.

possom2009, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot uninstall a program in Win10 - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall program

2. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  3. Cannot uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  5. Cannot uninstall programs

Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  6. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  7. Cannot Uninstall Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Uninstall Program: I'm using Windows 10 and trying to uninstall a program. I get the ox80040702 error message that it can't do this because of a missing dll file, but I found the file, copied it to Windows/System32, and then rebooted without success. I tried to uninstall in safe mode, same...
  8. Cannot uninstall program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall program: I logged onto my laptop today, I kept getting virus pop ups and found what program they were coming from but it wont let me uninstall it. I looked up the name of the program and found multiple places saying it was a virus itself....
  9. cannot uninstall program

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot uninstall program: This Segurazo can not uninstall from windows 10, even not in apps & features, show in program area. How to remove / uninstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-program/52122203-e2ea-407f-9147-e308e66427d6
  10. Will programs uninstall properly with Win10?

Will programs uninstall properly with Win10?: I've been wondering, why when a program is uninstalled does it not uninstall every last bit of it? Will Windows 10 do a better job, or is it not as simple as that? 7235