Windows 10: Cannot uninstall KB3140741

Discus and support Cannot uninstall KB3140741 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last Win10 update brings many serious issues to relatively stable computers and cannot be uninstalled. Period. More info:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by valihrach, Mar 29, 2016.

1. valihrach Win User

Cannot uninstall KB3140741

Last Win10 update brings many serious issues to relatively stable computers and cannot be uninstalled. Period. More info:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-fb97db10d9a8
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-80550b00accb
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-16db0b05c1f9
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-49550bae5ddb
    how to unistall update kb 3140741 on Windows 10. - TECHeZONE
    and many more... for example my main system is freezing now.

Solution:
    1) go back to Win7/8 if possible
    2) restore previous state using system restore or image, disable Windows Update service*)
    3) install clean system, disable Windows Update service*)

*) and hope that future build perhaps.. maybe... will not be even worse.

Million of thanks MS. I promise I never never never more buy anything from you.

:)

valihrach, Mar 29, 2016

2. how to unistall update kb 3140741 on Windows 10.

One more time...

KB3140741 cannot be uninstalled.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 29, 2016
  3. rusky50 Win User
    Kb3140741 updates Causing issues working on the PC

This update has caused many problems

1. cannot click start with left click

2. cannot uninstall as when you select it the uninstall option has vanished

Kb3140741

are there any other suggestions please

Russell Henderson

rusky50, Mar 29, 2016
  4. slyphnier Win User

yeah that kb3140741 introducing few issue in many user
    i got dwm.exe crashing in some games, which i think related to that patch

about uninstalling it, i can uninstall it, although windowsupdate will reinstall again after checking
    not sure if hiding updates works Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

did u tried uninstall then hide updates ?

slyphnier, Mar 29, 2016
  5. valihrach Win User
    At most systems (including mine) the Uninstall button is missing for this patch. - But I finally got rid of it: restore from partition image - set network card speed to 10Mbit/s- switch WinUpdate service from Disabled to Manual - immediately run Show/Hide Updates addon - hide that patch - set netcard speed back to gigabit - test winupdate, success; patch does not install itself anymore - set WinUpdate service to Disabled as usual. Luckily I keep several Win10 partition images so I can roll back if needed.

valihrach, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot uninstall KB3140741 - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall KB3140741

2. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  3. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  5. cannot be uninstalled KB5006670

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot be uninstalled KB5006670: because the printer driver cannot be added.but can't uninstall kb5006670 update patch windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-be-uninstalled-kb5006670/1bc683c7-2de9-4e69-8f54-b13de8507dc3
  6. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  7. Cannot uninstall KB4593175

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall KB4593175: Hello, after last december updates Win10.0.19042.685 was found in this days few applications are not work. For check who occur this issue - we want to uninstall last win10 updates step by step to see which one occur the issue. Two were uninstalled succesfully after...
  8. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
  9. Cannot uninstall Minecraft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall Minecraft: I previously downloaded Minecraft onto an external hard drive connected to my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. I accidently deleted Minecraft from my hard disk but did not uninstall it from Control Panel. As a result, Minecraft is still in the Control Panel list of...
  10. Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140741

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140741: [img] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3140741 44920