Windows 10: Cannot unistall avast.

Discus and support Cannot unistall avast. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I had as antivirus avast, now i want to unistall it but windows is coming up with an error "this program... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by naidz, Mar 7, 2015.

1. naidz Win User

Cannot unistall avast.

So i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I had as antivirus avast, now i want to unistall it but windows is coming up with an error "this program has compatibility issues.
    So what can i do now?

:)

naidz, Mar 7, 2015

2. Cant access my pc since i updated to windows 10 is there a fix ?

try to unistall AVAST,thank me later

HamburgerKS, Mar 7, 2015
  3. MinnaJP Win User
    W 10 and "WindowsUpdate_8007002C" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Error Code 8007002C-4000D

Same here: unistalled Avast, restarted, updated.

MinnaJP, Mar 7, 2015
  4. Roger Win User

Cannot unistall avast.

Look here.........
    Google

Roger, Mar 7, 2015
  5. naidz Win User
    Yeah that utility bring up the same error as when you try to uninstall it through the windows one.
    Though i busted my ass off thinking and got a fair solution.
    Im leaving this here if anyone encounters my issue and wants a fix.
    You have to reboot windows 10 to safe mode by clicking restart while holding shift.
    Then proceed to delete the folder manually and afterwards run the avast clean up utility : Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal
    Then proceed to reboot and everything is fixed.

naidz, Mar 7, 2015
  6. Then install an AV program that WILL work with Windows 10........ AVG 2015 FREE does.
    I use it, and it's far better than Avast.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 8, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Why?. . .There is already a perfectly good one already built in. . .albeit your always right so I guess AVG is the best in the world. . .*really

8. naidz Win User

Cannot unistall avast.

Seems you didn't read my first post. I said i had it installed on windows 7 and i upgraded , didn't do a clean install.

naidz, Mar 8, 2015
  9. cold iron Win User
    Avast has a free uninstall proggy you can down load. Avast has a AV that works on 10.

cold iron, Mar 22, 2015
  10. eagle Win User
    Avast internet security has worked for me on Windows 10 version's 9926, 10041, and 10049 with no compatibility issues. (turn off defender and windows firewall, that is recommended by avast or you will get bsod's.)

eagle, Apr 17, 2015
  11. I use Avast Premier and mine works fine, it maybe cause it's the free version and there not so up to date with the patches. Did you try CCleaner as that would uninstall it better or maybe Avast Cleanup tool?

kuyenmotdivad, Apr 27, 2015
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    CCleaner simply runs the program's built in uninstaller, No different than going to programs and clicking uninstall.

f14tomcat, Apr 27, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Cannot unistall avast.

Avast has a program to do that, avastclear. It removes all traces of it. OH and the latest release of Avast works great in Windows 10.

14. Eagle I am running build 10074 one problem I am having is Macrium Reflect for image and backup. it seems that Defender needs an exclusion and no help on this so far. even the co. is still working on a new rel when 10 comes out.
    I found where to turn off defender but not sure about windows firewall.
    I also found that when you turn off Defender that the system will turn it back on after a period of time. Current build 10074
    where is that one located? don't need the BSOD.
    Thank You
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot unistall avast.

1. Cannot unistall avast. - Similar Threads - Cannot unistall avast

2. unistall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  3. unistall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  4. unistall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unistall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unistall: when I want to uninstall any program from control panel ,it say that pls wait while unistalling and or changes but further I want to unistall after 2 hours then also reply is same...
  6. HELP! CANNOT UNISTALL PRORGAM!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP! CANNOT UNISTALL PRORGAM!: Hello, Recently on my PC I have an application called "VirtualBox" which is a virtual machine. I have tried to uninstall the program 2 ways now from the control panel and the settings still no luck. I think by now it is a corrupt program on my PC. Any help is great!...
  7. Avast antivirus won't let me unistall I need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avast antivirus won't let me unistall I need help: I am trying to download an update of windows 10, but I get an error message that avast antivirus is on my computer and it will not work with windows 10. I also have AVG antivirus. Avast is not showing in the control panel add and remove programs, but it is showing up under...
  8. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  9. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  10. Cannot unistall bittorrent

Cannot unistall bittorrent: I need help to uninstall bit torrent from the app menu. When I click the uninstall button, nothing happens and the app icon is still there. There does not seem to have been a folder in the program files called bittorrent I can uninstall either. thanks in advance 48916