Windows 10: Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar

Discus and support Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there! I purchased and upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10! Finally, right? But anyways, I've spent the last few days customizing all my options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Aug 9, 2016.

1. pepanee Win User

Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar

Hello there! I purchased and upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10! Finally, right?

But anyways, I've spent the last few days customizing all my options and settings that I had back on Windows 8.1. Takes hours to do all that. Got all my settings saved as text with directions. Anyways, I've ran into a problem that seems difficult to fix. My version of Windows 10 is the Anniversary Edition, for what I've read and when I've downloaded it.

So there are two icons in the Taskbar that cannot seem to get unpinned; Microsoft Edge & Store. I right click on them, yet there is no unpin option (check the attached image). Is there any other workaround yet for removing those two icons at all? Some Registry edit or something?

Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, Aug 9, 2016

2. Programs pinning to taskbar at startup

I'm on windows 10 and every time I boot up my laptop, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store are pinned to my taskbar. I have unpinned these numerous times by right clicking the icon and selecting unpin from taskbar. Is there a way to permanently unpin these
    from the taskbar?

David032086, Aug 9, 2016
  3. how to delete edge

Hello,

Microsoft Edge is built into Windows 10 and cannot be removed.

You can download another browser and set it as default.

Next, remove the Edge icon in taskbar by right click > unpin from taskbar.

Smittychat., Aug 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I left the Store but did Unpin Edge from Taskbar on my Win10 Pro. I did put Internet Explorer on so wonder if that makes a difference? Also have Firefox and SeaMonkey there.

Berton, Aug 9, 2016
  5. I unpinned both, and like Berton, pinned IE there to replace Edge. Lock Taskbar unchecked? I don't think that stops you from unpinning but check anyway. Did you try doing it from the Start Menu? There are pin and unpin options there too.

alphanumeric, Aug 9, 2016
  6. pepanee Win User
    I just tried looking in the Start menu, I see a few more options there, but nothing that allows me to unpin from the Taskbar for both. Not sure if this is a new thing Microsoft did with the latest release of Windows 10, but it could be. So if there's anyone else that made a fresh install of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, then they would have the same exact thing that I'm talking about. But if anyone else knows of some "Force Removal" of pinned items method, please tell me about it so I can try it out, thanks!

pepanee, Aug 9, 2016
  7. I have clean installs of 1607 Anniversary Edition and can pin and unpin Edge and the Store from the taskbar. And from the Start Menu. In the start menu those taskbar pin options are in the "More" menu.

8. pepanee Win User

Okay that's strange. Do you think maybe you can look around for a few minutes and see what else I could do please?

Thanks so much

pepanee, Aug 9, 2016
  9. What version, Home, Pro, etc, and what build did you buy/install? And where did you buy it from? Running winver, from the run box will tell you what build it is.

10. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Aug 9, 2016
  11. pepanee Win User
    alphanumeric: Using my old operating system, Windows 8.1, I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft that saves the Windows 10 ISO onto a USB drive. I bought my Product Key online from a website that had a GREAT offer for only $39.95! It is authentic, since they sent me a picture of the product key, and the product key worked perfectly with no issue!

f14tomcat: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You nailed it bro! I opened that bat file in the link you gave me, Explorer.exe reset, and they both disappeared by themselves! That was half the task, because I wanted to see if they are gone for good by restarting the computer, so I restarted, and they haven't showed up!!!

Thank you all for the help.

(Edit: forgot to post this as per request from alphanumeric. Version 1607, OS Build 14393.51)

pepanee, Aug 10, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Glad that helped, pepanee! Keep that in your back of tricks! *Smile TC

P.S. - If that wraps up your issue, mark your thread as Solved....up top.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot Unpin Microsoft

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot unpin settings from taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unpin settings from taskbar windows 11: Title says it all, impossible to unpin Settings from taskbar, doesn't even show icon.Right to unpin doesn't do a thing.The blank spot is Settings, hit unpin as stated, nothing.Thanks....
  6. Cannot unpin settings from taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot unpin settings from taskbar windows 11: Title says it all, impossible to unpin Settings from taskbar, doesn't even show icon.Right to unpin doesn't do a thing.The blank spot is Settings, hit unpin as stated, nothing.Thanks....
  7. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  8. Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar: Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top. The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside...
  9. EDGE Unpinned

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Unpinned: I have unpinned EDGE from my taskbar and now use FireFox. Edge is just too slow. - Delays during download - Slow Scrolling Microsoft need to understand the computer is all about delivering response to the end user. FireFox is much more responsive especially during...
  10. Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar: Hello Matthew, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You could do so by unpinning Microsoft Edge from the taskbar and Start menu, and setting whatever web browser you wanted to use instead as the default program instead....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot unpin edge

2. Cannot permanently unpin Windows 10 Taskbar icons

3. how to unpin microsoft edge from tasbar for all users

4. windows 10 cannot unpin icon from taskbar,
  5. remove microsoft store from taskbar no unpin option,
  6. unpin microsoft edge from taskbar,
  7. windows edge cannot unpin?,
  8. microsoft store wont stay unpinned from taskbar