Windows 10: Cannot update after notification

Discus and support Cannot update after notification in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Received an update notification in Windows 10 update screen. When I press the INSTALL NOW button, the spinning circle appears and says in motion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by carbuff, Sep 27, 2015.

1. carbuff Win User

Cannot update after notification

Received an update notification in Windows 10 update screen.

When I press the INSTALL NOW button, the spinning circle appears and says in motion without starting the install.

I have minimized the window and also checked the task bar. Still the install does not take place.

Help!

:)

carbuff, Sep 27, 2015
  2. F.Wu Win User

How can I get Windows 10 to show all notification icons in a row?

After I upgraded to Creator update, I cannot find the way to show all notification icons. Any help?>

3. facebook chat is not working in my Lumia720 after updating lumia black

In my Lumia720 fb chat is not connecting after updating to lumia black..always it shows cannot connect..pls help me..i cannot without fb chat..pls fix this...... Notifications,upload photos,status update working well.....but only the fb chat is not working......

IkramulHossain, Sep 27, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It looks like the update is for a webcam? Is it a USB webcam and is it plugged in when you attempt to run the update?

NavyLCDR, Sep 27, 2015
  5. carbuff Win User
    Yes. It is a Microsoft LifeCam HD3000R with a cable plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

The camera does operated properly.

I simply do not understand why I get a Windows 10 notification to update it and then Windows 10 will not execute the update.

carbuff, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Chris2005 Win User
    Is there any information when you click "Details?"

Have you tried downloading the latest software manually, if possible?

I use a Microsoft VX-2000, hasn't had an update in forever, I've certainly never received one. xD

Chris2005, Sep 28, 2015
  7. carbuff Win User
    Under details it again says that an update for HD3000R is ready to install.

Yes, I have the latest software installed.

carbuff, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Chris2005 Win User

Is UAC enabled at all?

If so, try completely disabling UAC and then retry the install...

Chris2005, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot update after notification - Similar Threads - Cannot update notification

2. Issue with battery notification after Windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with battery notification after Windows update: My last Windows update was on the 22nd of this month. After that, the notification of low battery was not coming and my laptop was switching off within a minute of hitting low battery level. On the 26th, I tried the following fixes; 1. Ran the troubleshooter for power. For...
  3. Notifications and actions problem after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and actions problem after windows update: After the recent windows 10 update on 15th June, 2020 when my laptop restarted, the action center on the down right corner of the screen is not opening. The quick action options are also not showing. If I click on the action center, it’s opening for a sec and closing down on...
  4. cannot open new notification

cannot open new notification: I have new notifications the icon is white and showing 1 new notification been into setting everything looks ok, ran sfc and its ok but cannot open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-new-notification/6445c8e9-1bb9-406b-a128-61456bc39516
  5. Update notification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update notification: Receive a pop up/in notification about running it to keep getting update. Is it for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-notification/37654817-7922-4985-b274-32005bceb087
  6. Cannot Access Facebook Notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Access Facebook Notifications: My Google Chrome browser opens The Facebook Notifications Service, but only one browser of my dual Windows 10 Operating Systems can. I've tried all The Checkdisk Commands, all The Bootsect/Bootrec Commands, all the DISM Commands and a Macrium Reflect System Restore. The...
  7. no time/date on notification taskbar after update

no time/date on notification taskbar after update: [ATTACH] I have had this Laptop for a year and a half now and all of a sudden there is no notification area, time, or date on my taskbar. I have tried the command prompt (admin) code, re-starting after turning all relevant apps and icons off then back on...to no avail. Any...
  8. Notifications not working after the October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications not working after the October update 1809: I updated all my devices to the newest windows 10 build 1809. On both surface 3 and laptop Lenovo G580 I experience a problem with not working windows notifications. The notifications icon in the Windows 10 task bar tells me I have new notifications, but when I click on it, I...
  9. Sound notifications after last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound notifications after last update.: My PC started to send me sound notifications that something is opening then closing. The issue appeared after the last Windows 10 update. I don’t understand what is going on. The notifications are so annoying that I was forced to turn down computer sound....
  10. No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update: After the Windows Anniversary Update I now find I no longer get the banner or notification sound when I get new e-mails. Nor does new e-mails show up in the Action Center. I checked the Mail App settings thinking maybe during the update the notification settings got changed...