Windows 10: Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)

Discus and support Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Search Results I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by redvolcano7, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: Imgur.
    Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10

Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
    GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

:)

redvolcano7, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update freezes during first reboot

davidelwonger, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)

1. Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update) - Similar Threads - Cannot Update Anniversary

2. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  3. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  4. windows freezing during update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezing during update: the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-freezing-during-update/1ab35f6b-2164-44ee-9f87-9bef3b370894
  5. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...
  6. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update: Hello all, Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft. My system now is Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build (10586.633) The anniversary update fails every time..... things that I have tried: completely...
  7. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 70% complete, then I get a BSOD saying "kernel security check failure". Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the...
  8. BSOD during Windows 10 Anniversary Update

BSOD during Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Hi Everyone I have tried 4 times to install the Win 10 anniversary update now. Each time I get 'Kernel data inpage error' BSOD after about 30% into the final update stage. Then it reverts back. Memory Dumped attached..Attachment 94203 Have tried removing antivirus Have...
  9. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Attachment 94766 I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 75% complete, then I get a BSOD. Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the pre-Anniversary Update...
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....