Windows 10: Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

Discus and support Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThatGuy, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ThatGuy Win User

Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category.

Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network protocol to enable the virtual switch manager. I install the protocol and go to enable it to only to get this message:

Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch [​IMG]

Ok, fine, I'll play along. After everything was disabled I checked off the Extensible virtual switch only to get this:

Needless to say, I can't enable the virtual switch protocol what so ever. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance.

:)

ThatGuy, Aug 25, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Chas V Win User
    Installed Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro, but can't make it work.

I am using Windows 10 Pro and understand that the two modes are different. I need to install and run an old, and expensive, program in Hyper-V that I ran successfully in Virtual XP Mode on my Windows 7 Ultimate
    system. As far as I know the Hyper-V is now installed, but I need my original questions answered.

Thanks for the reply

EDIT: I ran a Norton Diagnostic report and the problem seems to be an inoperable hardware device.

Data Type
    Device Problem and Description

Device Type Hyper-V Virtual Switch Extension Adaptor

Device Status Device cannot start. (Code 10)

Plug and Play ID ROOT\VMS_VSMP\0000

I have installed and reinstalled the virtual switch several times.

I wonder if there is a better forum or area to post this question?

Chas V, Aug 25, 2015
  4. JACinKCMO Win User

I'm having the exact same problem - has anyone come up with a solution for this? Thanks

JACinKCMO, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Me too..........someone?

Humblewizard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch - Similar Threads - Cannot Hyper Extensible

2. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  3. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  4. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  5. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  6. Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network: I’m not entirely sure if this should be in networking section. Sorry if this is wrong section. First little background. I have Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I also have Windows 10 computer with TV tuner card. I can watch TV on Kodi over the network as the Windows 10 machine...
  7. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133
  10. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Device ROOT\VMS_VSMP\0000 had a problem starting.

2. hyper-v extensible virtual switch

3. your current selection will also disable the following features hyper-v extensible virtual switch windows 10

4. windows: cannot turn on hyper-v extension virtual switch,
  5. cannot install hyper v extensible virtual switch