Windows 10: Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver)

Discus and support Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When I press a key, I can not use my left click at the same time, and I need to wait like 0,5s after releasing the key to be able to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teisseire, Jul 26, 2017.

1. teisseire Win User

Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver)

Hi,

When I press a key, I can not use my left click at the same time, and I need to wait like 0,5s after releasing the key to be able to use the left click.

I guess it's some feature from Synaptics touchpad drivers. Unfortunately I do not have the Synaptics Control Panel app. I have some kind of control panel from Dell that allow me to change few features on my touchpad, but the one I'm looking for is definitely missing.

I also had a problem where my touchpad wouldn't let me move the cursor while pressing any key. Similar problem. I fixed it by changing some values on Regedit for Synaptics.

Do you know which value I need to change on Regedit to fix my left click problem ? Is there some options on Windows that would allow me to do the same, without touching anything to Synaptics ?

Thank you a lot in advance !

Laptop model : Alienware 17 R4
    Synaptics driver version : 19.2.17.59 (up to date)

EDIT: Here is how looks like the panel I have where I can change few features about my touchpad :

Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver) [​IMG]

Also, for those who would ask me to change a feature in "Mouse & Touchpad". I actually searched for it, It's not available for me.

Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver) [​IMG]

:)

teisseire, Jul 26, 2017

2. Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Yesterday (10-5-2015) I had a Synaptics touchpad update. Since then, my touchpad is out of control, delayed and cannot left click on boxes before they disappear. Keyboard has a delay and misses letter I typed. How do I fix these problems?

RobinRGregory, Jul 26, 2017
  3. Tomm 02 Win User
    Touchpad's buttons not working

I have installed the driver on Synaptics website, for windows 10. There were two drivers, one said PS/2 so I assumed it was that one as it said on my computer "Synaptics ClickPad V9.1 on PS/2 Port". I can use
    the left click somewhat, but it is very inconsistent and 99 times out of 100 it doesn't work. Also, right click still doesn't work.

Tomm 02, Jul 26, 2017
  4. teisseire Win User

After hours of browsing the internet, I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION <3 Omg I'm so happy.

Thanks to no one for help, I really appreciated *Biggrin (I'm joking, not mad *Smile)

IM HAPPYYYY

teisseire, Jul 26, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Well, sorry nobody got to ya. Just curious....was it Sticky Keys?

Posting the solution and marking it solved may help others down the road.

f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2017
  6. teisseire Win User
    Hey,

It was a value I needed to change in the registry, I put you the post that helped me :

"Hit windows key+R, type "regedit" inside of it expand these folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PrecisionTouchPad
    After clicking on the "PrecisionTouchPad" folder search for "AAPThreshold" on the right part of the window and double click it or right click it and click modify. Change the value from whatever it is (probably 2 or 3) to 0 and click OK. Restart you computer and it should work.
    I guess that settings for synaptics touchpad are different in windows 10 from previous versions in a way that when you set smart sense to "min" it's still works but with a very small sensitivity (the value being 2 insted of 0, like it was in win 7/8)."

teisseire, Jul 27, 2017
  7. Dude! You totally helped me! I've been searching everywhere for a fix and I haven't been able to find it for month ;-: I made an account just so I could thank you

Squiwwel69, Aug 23, 2017
  8. ruffenman Win User

I spent hours searching for a solution to this problem and nothing I could find would work, until I found this post that is! I also had to make an account just to say thanks!

ruffenman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver) - Similar Threads - Cannot left click

2. While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically: While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically it's soo much annoying i checked that left click is pressed by a website https://en.key-test.ru....HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically: While typing fast using my keyboard idk how but left/right click is pressed automatically it's soo much annoying i checked that left click is pressed by a website https://en.key-test.ru....HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE HELP ME...
  4. i have to hold left click to type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have to hold left click to type: I was messing around on roblox when I tried to type in chat but I had to hold left click to type. I don't know how to disable this or how this happened.Does anybody know how to turn this off by any chance?...
  5. Cannot type and click/type at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type and click/type at the same time: As the title says and im on a dell laptop, please help its annoying me submitted by /u/Moondog2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxpqep/cannot_type_and_clicktype_at_the_same_time/
  6. Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.: Hello, Below are the details on my device: Model: Lenovo Yoga 710-15lKB Signature Edition Synaptics Driver Version: 19.5.10.150 Windows 10 Version and Build: Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 I am having issues using my touchpad and keyboard simultaneously....
  7. Left click not working while pressing right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click not working while pressing right click: Well, I tried to play on a random FPS game, and when I try to do a scope, I press right-click, but when I click the left button on my touchpad, it doesn't work. I tried to reset the settings to their default but still, not working. anyone pls help me...
  8. HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN: Hello, I can't use my touchpad while typing on my new laptop MSI gf63, and unlike my last laptop it does not have synaptics drivers nor elantech, but seemingly microsoft drivers precision touchpad. How do i fix this? When I open the mouse settings i get a window that isnt...
  9. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  10. Unable to use mouse wheel when holding left or right click, or typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use mouse wheel when holding left or right click, or typing: When I'm playing ROBLOX (a game), I need to be able to pan in and out quickly, but I'm unable to do that while holding left or right mouse buttons, or pressing keyboard keys. How do I fix/disable this?...