Windows 10: Cannot use the number keys

Discus and support Cannot use the number keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is really frustrating. I cannot use my zero nor dash keys on my keyboard. Please help. The Acer laptop is not even 2 months old and I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smayanil, Jul 18, 2018.

1. smayanil Win User

Cannot use the number keys

This is really frustrating. I cannot use my zero nor dash keys on my keyboard. Please help. The Acer laptop is not even 2 months old and I am having these problems.

:)

smayanil, Jul 18, 2018

2. numbers key will not lock on My hp lapto computer

I tried the suggestion, however it did not work on my HP Laptop. I wish it had.

RichardStewart_954, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Cannot use the number keys

win 7 oem to win 10 free upgrade, install wants key. win 7 key does not work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Cannot use the number keys

1. Cannot use the number keys - Similar Threads - Cannot number keys

2. Windows key cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key cannot be used.: Hi, I don't understand. I bought windows 10 Home and now I use windows 11. I used to use Key before. and now i bought key windows 10home and i put it in it says the product key you entered is invalid. Please check the product key and try again. Or try to enter another number...
  3. Windows key cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key cannot be used.: Hi, I don't understand. I bought windows 10 Home and now I use windows 11. I used to use Key before. and now i bought key windows 10home and i put it in it says the product key you entered is invalid. Please check the product key and try again. Or try to enter another number...
  4. Using serial number to retrieve oem windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using serial number to retrieve oem windows key: A few years ago I purchased a skyteck legacy computer from a rent to own location. I have since paid the machine off, but a power surge took my internal drive. I can replace the drive but the oem windows install is gone. The rent to own location could only give me the serial...
  5. Using serial number to retrieve oem windows key

Using serial number to retrieve oem windows key: A few years ago I purchased a skyteck legacy computer from a rent to own location. I have since paid the machine off, but a power surge took my internal drive. I can replace the drive but the oem windows install is gone. The rent to own location could only give me the serial...
  6. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  7. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  8. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. cannot press alt key with a number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot press alt key with a number: i cannot press my alt key following a number in any programs, this includes a game where i need to press an alt key with a number for keybinding purposes, anyone know why this is or potential fixes. submitted by /u/leo14770 [link] [comments]...
  10. number key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    number key: Number key on right side not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/number-key/63176eb1-579b-4f63-baaa-c93c366cc2da

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numberkeys cant use windows