Windows 10: cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore

Discus and support cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I re-display desktop icons? Did I save to many of them, which might have locked up that feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ITfrustratedone, Aug 24, 2018.

1. cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore

How can I re-display desktop icons? Did I save to many of them, which might have locked up that feature?

:)

ITfrustratedone, Aug 24, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 24, 2018
  4. cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore

1. cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore - Similar Threads - cannot view desktop

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?: Is there a way to vie files as icons only on the desktop? Thumbnails make it harder to find the files, as they al look like small white rectangles. Its not like you can make out any detail at that size. Much easier to look for an app icon since I know what app it was made...
  5. I cannot rename desktop views anymore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot rename desktop views anymore.: This used to work ok until the recent versions. Please let me know if there is a workaround. I don't get why Microsoft would remove such a feature! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-rename-desktop-views-anymore/9aef0348-90e5-4185-ba13-c809a5d329d2
  6. "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore: In Settings > Themes I used to be able to click "Desktop icon settings". But no more. Now I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I first discovered this on my laptop, which was...
  7. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...
  8. Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving: Hi everyone, I seem to be having 2 issues with Windows 10 Pro x64 that occur simultaneously. The 2 issues are that my desktop icon positions are not being remembered (always shifting to the left after reboot - auto align is off) and my folder view settings are not being...
  9. Desktop icons don't work anymore after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icons don't work anymore after update of Windows 10: I just did the windows 10 update to version 1703. OS build 15063.413 on my wife's PC, now when she clicks on previously working icons/shortcuts, a window comes up: windows can not find (name of url) I do not recall that happen when I did the upgrade on my PC.. I...
  10. Windows 10 desktop 'stop' icon and cannot move icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop 'stop' icon and cannot move icons: Hello all, I'm glad there is a community here that deals with Windows 10 and may be able to offer insight into my multiple issues that I am having, of which the first was this can't move icons issue. I do apologize for the multiple issues below but I just wanted to give...