Windows 10: cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

Discus and support cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update ok with no problems..howver i cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Latest version of Mozilla... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treblefree, Aug 31, 2016.

1. cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

I have updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update ok with no problems..howver i cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Latest version of Mozilla Firefox..do need to install a codec pack..as there are different sorts..

I tried running Mozilla Firefox in safe mode this did not work either.I can see the video load up but when i click the play arrow nothing happens...BBC iplayer works ok and Youtube videos.

Please advise the best course of action.

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Aug 31, 2016

2. Amazon videos do not play on Windows 10 MS Edge or Internet Explorer Browsers...why?

I have precisely the same problem. I've been using Edge and Internet Explorer to stream Amazon videos for quite some time. Suddenly, the videos won't stream on either browser. Amazon Music streams just fine, and all other video sources stream just fine,
    too. Your advice did not help. The solution I found was to switch to Mozilla Firefox.

JamesDurkee, Aug 31, 2016
  3. how do i adjust the brightness of an online video on windows 10?

I use google chrome to watch my videos.

And when I watched videos in mozilla Firefox the brightness didn't change like it does in google chrome.

And no it doesn't have, when i checked there was nothing that changes the brightness automatically in the settings.

wizardking5433, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

Can you provide a couple of example URLs?

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  5. treblefree, Aug 31, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Er, tried one, Avast said 'threat has been detected'. Tried another- free account required. Is this a legal site?

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  7. I tried a setting in Mozilla's ..about config ...settings and unchecked a box relating to video playing...and everthing works ok now

treblefree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

1. cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox - Similar Threads - cannot watch streaming

2. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  3. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  4. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  5. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  6. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  7. Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad: We know that iPads aren’t just bigger versions of iPhones. You use them differently, you need them for different things. So rather than just make a bigger version of our browser for iOS, we made Firefox for iPad look and feel like it was custom made for a tablet. Mostly...
  8. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  9. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD: Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro 28687
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...