Windows 10: Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized

Discus and support Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug in the cable for the Canon LBP6000/6018 printer in my new Lenovo 100 I get a message that it isn't recognized. I've used two different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EXL500, Feb 21, 2016.

1. EXL500 Win User

Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized

When I plug in the cable for the Canon LBP6000/6018 printer in my new Lenovo 100 I get a message that it isn't recognized. I've used two different cables with the same result. My printer does not show up on the Devises screen. The printer worked perfectly on my old computer with Windows 7. I even converted my old computer to 10 and got the same error message, so the issue is with 10. How do I get my printer to work on 10? It's only a year old, so I won't replace it.

:)

EXL500, Feb 21, 2016

2. USB Problem after Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

I am using ASUS P7H55-M. After upgrading to Windows10, I found my mouse, my Canon scanner CanoScan LiDE110 and Canon Printer LBP6000 etc worked only immediately after the upgrade. After restarting the PC, all fail to work. The Canon printer becomes
    offline, my mouse does not work on its original USB port (works on another port however) and Windows says my Canon scanner is not connected. Does anybody have similar problem?

****.chihung, Feb 21, 2016
  3. I cannot use my USB 2.0 device printer with windows 10

my surface 3 only have 1 port USB 3.0

so how do i connect to my printer canon LBP6000 ?

got a msg that error when i want to print. fix message said it not compatible with usb 3.0

Fatin AleaTalib, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized

Are you trying to connect the printer to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port ?

Try and disable enhanced usb host controller in Device Manager and check

tanujchadha, Feb 21, 2016
  5. EXL500 Win User
    3.0. I don't see a disable option, and I don't want to uninstall. I searched for new upgrades and it came back with none. By the way the error occurs on all the USB ports.

EXL500, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Can you try some other USB device to check the functionality of the ports ?

7. EXL500 Win User
    Thanks. Yes, I have used other things connected via USB in all of the ports, and I also tried this cable in other ports. Only the printer is not recognized.

EXL500, Feb 21, 2016
  8. Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized

I have tried to replicate the issue on my end with a different make and model of the printer. And here are the findings:

1_ Connect the printer to the black colored USB port
    2_ If it does not work expand Universal Serial Bus Controller & Right click disable either one or both of the XXXX Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Controllers

PS: Try and connect the printer to some other PC and see if it works.

9. EXL500 Win User
    Thanks. As to the last, the printer worked fine with my Windows 7 laptop for over a year. The new laptop has Windows 10 and this problem occurred. The old computer was replaced because it was dying. Nonetheless, I converted it to 10 to see what would happen, and sure enough, the USB was no longer recognized. The problem is with Windows 10/Canon.

EXL500, Feb 21, 2016
  10. Can you post a screenshot of the device manager with the printer connected ?

11. EXL500 Win User
    I appreciate your help. I see two "USB composite device" I can disable. I assume these correspond to the two USB ports?

EXL500, Feb 21, 2016
  12. EXL500 Win User
    I fixed it. I re-ran the file that's been sitting on the computer since November 30th after unplugging the cable from the printer and turning it off. On restart it works! Thanks for your help.

EXL500, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized

1. Canon LBP6000/6018 is not recognized - Similar Threads - Canon LBP6000 6018

2. Canon MG2550s cannot be activated but is recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon MG2550s cannot be activated but is recognized.: I can't manage to get my Canon MG2550s printer to work on my new PC which runs on Windows 11. I have downloaded the drivers from the Canon website, the installation program starts but while installing, meaning that the printer is at first recognized so it's not a USB port...
  3. Canon MG2550s cannot be activated but is recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MG2550s cannot be activated but is recognized.: I can't manage to get my Canon MG2550s printer to work on my new PC which runs on Windows 11. I have downloaded the drivers from the Canon website, the installation program starts but while installing, meaning that the printer is at first recognized so it's not a USB port...
  4. Follow up to Canon MX410 scanner not recognized by pc W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Follow up to Canon MX410 scanner not recognized by pc W10: Hello,Follow up to my previous question ;I just checked Computer Management.......... Device manager Imaging devices .......USB scanner device has a yellow triangle I tried to update driver, but no luckPlease let me knowThank you...
  5. Canon MX410 scanner no longer recognized by pc W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Canon MX410 scanner no longer recognized by pc W10: Hello,Canon MX410 Pixma scanner no longer recognized by pc W10.It was scanning a few weeks ago, suddenly not recognized.Does it need an upgrading, or new driver? or something else.Please let me know.Thank you...
  6. Canon MX410 scanner no longer recognized by pc W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon MX410 scanner no longer recognized by pc W10: Hello,Canon MX410 Pixma scanner no longer recognized by pc W10.It was scanning a few weeks ago, suddenly not recognized.Does it need an upgrading, or new driver? or something else.Please let me know.Thank you...
  7. Canon MX410 scanner no longer recognized by pc W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Canon A710IS not recognized on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon A710IS not recognized on Win 10: I've had a laptop with Win10 about a year now, and an older Canon A710IS camera. Since I couldn't find the cable, in the past, I've pulled the SD card and used the card reader to view and images. I recently found the USB cable and hooked it up. I hear a tone that something is...
  9. Win10 no longer recognizes Canon printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 no longer recognizes Canon printer: After a recent Windows update, Win10 Home system no longer recognizes printer Canon Maxify MB2120. The latest Canon driver is installed. Have removed printer and reinstalled. Printer prints test sheet, but not from the computer. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks....
  10. Win 10 wont recognize my Canon camera!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 wont recognize my Canon camera!: I hope this is in the right catergory? I think I may have caused this problem by changing settings in my Nokia android phone? I've noticed that my phones OS is like Win 10 and it's connected to my Desktop through the Wi-Fi? Being 66 y/o, I'm not up to date with this stuff so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incompatible printer canon lbp6000

2. LBP6000 not recognized