Windows 10: canon MG6800 troubles

Discus and support canon MG6800 troubles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently odd things have occured like printing blank instead of what should be, and the touch screen tells me there is no paper, when there is at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chipwood, Aug 3, 2018.

1. chipwood Win User

canon MG6800 troubles

Recently odd things have occured like printing blank instead of what should be, and the touch screen tells me there is no paper, when there is at a rapidly increasing rate. I did a few months back manage to crash the machine from about 4ft to the floor, but apart from the lid's being unhinged all has worked OK until I wanted to print some 6 x 4 pics that I'd scanned in from originals in our paper albums.

In the hope that the current failures have not been a deferred manifestation of the crash's effects, I intend to uninstall the MG6800 and reinstall it. Canon does not make that easy, as all its apps have to be done separately.

Is there a quicker way, that someone knows, please, and/or am I wasting my time, because the machine is damaged internally?

:)

chipwood, Aug 3, 2018
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Pixma MP620 drivers don't seem to exist yet.

They will walk you thru every step to fix your problem, their pretty good fixing problems with windows 10 and their printers. Good luck Wayne!!
    Mike.. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 3, 2018
  3. rmdial Win User
    Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial, Aug 3, 2018
  4. canon MG6800 troubles

Windows 10 drivers for Canon MX452 Printer

Sayan,

I tried all of the suggestions you gave me & none of them worked. In answer to the questions, I have no other error messages. It keeps adding the Canon MX450 printer instead of the MX452. I had other problems but I fixed them. I typed in devmgmt.msc
    & typed it in again. The drop down list came up but did not have the name OTHER in it. When I clicked on the PIXMA MX452 driver download & clicked on Start Download I got 2 boxes. Step 1 RUN & Step 2 Click YES. I clicked 0n Step 1 but it never gets to
    Step 2. I really don't like the Windows 10 that was automatically forced on me. Any other suggestions ? Donn

DonnWilimzik, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

canon MG6800 troubles

1. canon MG6800 troubles - Similar Threads - canon MG6800 troubles

2. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  3. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  4. Canon LBP611cn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon LBP611cn: The printer prints one page, then stops, wehen i turn off and opn the printer it prints flawles, but the problem reocurs every morning, i reinstalled the driver, updated firmware, checked spooler, reinstalled the printer, cheched everything probably but the problem won't go,...
  5. Trouble installing Canon MG8220 Printer - "MP drivers not installed"

Trouble installing Canon MG8220 Printer - "MP drivers not installed": New computer today. Trying to get Canon MG8220 printer hooked up. The printer is found by windows, but not correctly installed. Control Panel says "Driver not installed." Downloaded driver from Canon website, tried to install. Error on installation says "MP drivers not...
  6. Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.

Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.: This printer on our network seems to block out highlighted texts. The other printer that the user is printing from shows the highlighted text just fine. Is there a setting from withing the users's PC I can look at or would it have to be from the printer itself. 140192
  7. Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon C5560 Printer has trouble printing highlighted text.: This printer on our network seems to block out highlighted texts. The other printer that the user is printing from shows the highlighted text just fine. Is there a setting from withing the users's PC I can look at or would it have to be from the printer itself. 140192
  8. canon MG6800 troubles

canon MG6800 troubles: Recently odd things have occured like printing blank instead of what should be, and the touch screen tells me there is no paper, when there is at a rapidly increasing rate. I did a few months back manage to crash the machine from about 4ft to the floor, but apart from the...
  9. double Canon printer trouble

double Canon printer trouble: One of my pc's runs W7ult64, W10pro64 upgrade and W10pro64 build10532. It is connected to a Canon MG5550 all in one printer. W7 is running printer drivers loaded from the cd and up till now, I havn't bothered to try printing from either W10. Neither W10 detects the printer,...
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...