Windows 10: Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

Discus and support Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My canon printer isn't supported by Windows 10. Troubleshooting it just tells me there is no drivers. It prints fine, but i cannot use the scanner. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybag, Feb 1, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

My canon printer isn't supported by Windows 10. Troubleshooting it just tells me there is no drivers. It prints fine, but i cannot use the scanner. Is there any way i can get the scanner to work, more specifically in gIMP?

:)

billybag, Feb 1, 2016
  2. KRBaker Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Windows (10) does not appear to recognize my printer+scanner combo (Canon MP240) as a scanner. I have used it without issue as a printer, but when I try to scan (using the Windows Scan app, as suggested), the screen only shows "To get started, connect
    a scanner."

I have tried downloading a driver from the Canon website, but there isn't one for this printer.

KRBaker, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Re-load Windows 7?

I downloaded Windows 10 and now have no scanner. Canon says I'm out of luck because there is driver for PIXMA MP240 that will work with Windows 10. Can I put in my Windows 7 disc and re-install it without messing up my computer?

mdillon1702, Feb 1, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Check whether the Windows 7 driver will work. It might work, but no guarantee. Then see whether it works with Paint.

Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) [​IMG]

5. billybag Win User
    Wow. Duh! That worked. Thank you!

billybag, Feb 1, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    You are welcome. I am glad you can scan now.

7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 1, 2016
  8. Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

Thanks, WHS, that solution was so brief, slick and to-the-point that I immediately joined TenForums

theriverstone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) - Similar Threads - Canon MP240 Scanner

2. Canon MX860 scanner fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MX860 scanner fix: When I installed a used Canon MX860 in my Windows 10 system, I encountered frequent errors when trying to scan images. I chose wireless LAN installation and was able to print with it from any PC on my home LAN, but scanning was a hit or miss adventure -- mostly miss -- with...
  3. Canon Dr-2050 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Dr-2050 Scanner: After the Windows 10 update this week, my Canon DR-2050 Scanner shows as unidentified device. There are no driver updates and I had to install this scanner in compatibility mode for Vista originally. Will this be fixed by Microsoft?For now I uninstalled the update and my...
  4. Canon Dr-2050 Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Dr-2050 Scanner: After the Windows 10 update this week, my Canon DR-2050 Scanner shows as unidentified device. There are no driver updates and I had to install this scanner in compatibility mode for Vista originally. Will this be fixed by Microsoft?For now I uninstalled the update and my...
  5. Canon scanner not detected

Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  6. Canon g4010 scanner not working

Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  7. Canon Pixma MP240 Scanner not working since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon Pixma MP240 Scanner not working since latest Windows 10 update: Looking for help for this problem. Haven't used my scanner since the last Win 10 Ver 1909 update on Feb 9 & now when I use it, I get the message "Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off. Check status. Scanner driver will be...
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510: how can I get to my download for a scanner drivers for my printer/scanner canon TS5510 when I download it and open file it wont allow me to it come up with cant open output file in winzip I have windows 10 operating system...
  10. Canon MF4570DN Scanner Drivers Fail to Install

Canon MF4570DN Scanner Drivers Fail to Install: Since I installed Windows 10, my scanner suddenly failed to function, I'd get an error that it couldn't find the scanner. I have a networked Canon MF4570DN printer/scanner. I went to Canon and downloaded what claims to be the Windows 10 compatible package,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon mp240 scanner not supported in win 10