Windows 10: Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

Discus and support Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My canon printer isn't supported by Windows 10. Troubleshooting it just tells me there is no drivers. It prints fine, but i cannot use the scanner. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybag, Feb 1, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

My canon printer isn't supported by Windows 10. Troubleshooting it just tells me there is no drivers. It prints fine, but i cannot use the scanner. Is there any way i can get the scanner to work, more specifically in gIMP?

:)

billybag, Feb 1, 2016
  2. KRBaker Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Windows (10) does not appear to recognize my printer+scanner combo (Canon MP240) as a scanner. I have used it without issue as a printer, but when I try to scan (using the Windows Scan app, as suggested), the screen only shows "To get started, connect
    a scanner."

I have tried downloading a driver from the Canon website, but there isn't one for this printer.

KRBaker, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Re-load Windows 7?

I downloaded Windows 10 and now have no scanner. Canon says I'm out of luck because there is driver for PIXMA MP240 that will work with Windows 10. Can I put in my Windows 7 disc and re-install it without messing up my computer?

mdillon1702, Feb 1, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Check whether the Windows 7 driver will work. It might work, but no guarantee. Then see whether it works with Paint.

Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) [​IMG]

5. billybag Win User
    Wow. Duh! That worked. Thank you!

billybag, Feb 1, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    You are welcome. I am glad you can scan now.

7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 1, 2016
  8. Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported)

Thanks, WHS, that solution was so brief, slick and to-the-point that I immediately joined TenForums

theriverstone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Canon MP240 Scanner No Driver (Unsupported) - Similar Threads - Canon MP240 Scanner

2. Canon Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  3. my canon mx490 scanner

my canon mx490 scanner: my canon MX490 scanner stopped working in the middle of the day, i used it three times in the morning. i ran some errands came back and it wouldn't scan after that, this is the second time it's done this to me and i have no idea how i fixed it the first time....
  4. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: I have taken action on all the advice given with this problem but scanner will not work from windows apps. No problem if I use the Canon route, but I cannot scan in Photoshop for example. In the first set of following action, it did work but had now failed again. Click...
  5. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: The scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 has stopped working - I get a message "U network scanner EX cannot be found. Re-install scanner driver". I have re-installed all the drivers from Canon but still not working. I have been in contact with Canon support who suggest that this...
  6. unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to unzip output file for drivers for Canon printer/scanner for scanner TS5510: how can I get to my download for a scanner drivers for my printer/scanner canon TS5510 when I download it and open file it wont allow me to it come up with cant open output file in winzip I have windows 10 operating system...
  7. canon mg2922 scanner stopped working

canon mg2922 scanner stopped working: after windows update! please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-mg2922-scanner-stopped-working/bca69dce-54ae-4f8f-b927-e42b5794d1dc
  8. Canon MF4570DN Scanner Drivers Fail to Install

Canon MF4570DN Scanner Drivers Fail to Install: Since I installed Windows 10, my scanner suddenly failed to function, I'd get an error that it couldn't find the scanner. I have a networked Canon MF4570DN printer/scanner. I went to Canon and downloaded what claims to be the Windows 10 compatible package,...
  9. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software: Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner. Tried...
  10. Canon printer drivers

Canon printer drivers: I am currently on Win10 build 10158 and none of the Canon drivers for my Pixma ip8750 two year old printer work correctly. There seems to be a break in communication between the app being used for printing and the OS handling the printer driver preferences. Thus regardless of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon mp240 scanner not supported in win 10