Windows 10: Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Discus and support Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner.

Tried multiple times to install so the builtin windows software can not work properly since it cant install a driver for the scanner.

:)

sdowney717, Apr 10, 2018

2. Windows unable to configure the printer

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP desktop. I just bought a new Canon MX 490 printer. I went through the prompts to install it wireless and no matter what I try, my computer does not see the printer. Any suggestions... Thanks

John

Original title: Printing

John Williams in Alaska, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Scanner on multifunction printer not recognized in Windows 10

I have a Canon PIXMA MX 860. My printer works, but I can no longer scan to my PC since upgrading to Windows 10. My device is listed under printers and scanners as series MX 860, and Canon has no updated drivers available. I tried removing the printer,
    then had a helluva time getting back, because Windows couldn't find it! Can anyone tell me how to get the scanning function back?

DianeDalton, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

I am showing you the scan functions with canon software, but windows says need to add a scanner and you can not add it.

And the real odd thing, windows a week ago saw the scanner and we could scan. We go away on vacation, come back and no more ability to scan using the windows scan program, which we were more used to using.

So I had to download this massive canon product to use the scanner.

I also posted this to the canon products forum, and no one responded yet, so maybe no one knows or someone knows why, I am sure someone does know, it used to work, and we did nothing. MS does update the OS, maybe MS killed their driver, all we did is go away for a week from the house, then it no longer worked claiming no scanner is installed. Actually was quite a surprise to come home and not be able to scan.

sdowney717, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

1. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software - Similar Threads - Canon 490 scanner

2. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....: Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, it runs on Windows 10. I have downloaded software for my Canon Scanner Lide 220 but it is not working at all. The laptop does not have an optical drive and I cannot use the disc which came with it. Please I need your help...
  3. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....: Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, it runs on Windows 10. I have downloaded software for my Canon Scanner Lide 220 but it is not working at all. The laptop does not have an optical drive and I cannot use the disc which came with it. Please I need your help...
  4. Canon Scanner Lide 220 software not working....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Canon g4010 scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  6. Canon MX 459 scanner

Canon MX 459 scanner: I cannot connect my all in one canon mx 459 scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx-459-scanner/e9e03b70-92f0-4f1f-8ae3-efd6c827cdb9
  7. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  8. Canon MX 472

Canon MX 472: My Canon MX 472 printer works fine as a wireless printer from both my desk set and my laptop but I cannot get it to scan by placing a document or picture on the glass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx-472/ebb17738-92ca-4165-99c1-99fbf7bfdfc0
  9. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: I have taken action on all the advice given with this problem but scanner will not work from windows apps. No problem if I use the Canon route, but I cannot scan in Photoshop for example. In the first set of following action, it did work but had now failed again. Click...
  10. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax: windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mx-490-canon-printerscannerfax/518d4992-4961-4195-90fe-93754816a8b3