Windows 10: Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

Discus and support Canon Printer listed under Disk drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection?? Its also listed correctly under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OldMike65, Aug 25, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection??
    Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone?
    Thanks guys.

:)

OldMike65, Aug 25, 2015

2. Install a printer

I am trying to install a CANON MB2740 printer, but there is only a CANON -FAX available on the list of CANON printers. I don't have a disk. WMB2740-FAX available on the list of CANON printers. I don't have a disk. W----FAX available on the list of CANON
    printers. I don't have a disk. What do I do?

**Moved from Microsoft Education / Office / Word**

MartieBredenkamp, Aug 25, 2015
  3. techcoor Win User
    Windows 10 updates do not install. The install is select. It looks like an install. But the updates keep being presented.

I just looked under Printers and MX870 is not listed as a printer.

If I look under Print queues then I do see Canon MX870 series Fax and Canon MX870 series Printer.

If I look under Imaging devices I do see MX870 series_633BA998E958

techcoor, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

It's possible that your Printer also has a slot for a SD drive
    This is probably what you are seeing
    If the Printer drivers are not loaded, (because of not being available due to the printer being too much old) you would not see it at printers also

Harpert, Aug 25, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Yeah after posting this question, I was thinking the same thing, it does have some ports for external devices.
    And printer works fine. So I guess this just was a stupid question on my part. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Canon Printer listed under Disk drives? - Similar Threads - Canon Printer listed

2. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  3. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  4. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

Printer listed under Other. Won't work.: I had my computer worked on and now my printer is listed under "Other". How do I get it under printers so it will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-listed-under-other-wont-work/223d58f5-089a-462e-8121-651d1239dbb9
  6. No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings..... ***Modified title from: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is...
  7. canon printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    canon printer: Windows version 1809 was installed Friday, 2/22. Now my canon mx922 printer says it cannot print an PDF file. Has anyone had a similar problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/688da5a7-059b-401b-8369-19cdc5844264
  8. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Where do I find help with the printer spooler? My printer says needs attention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-printer/3c8a16cf-7a53-44fb-94cf-d93123f76715
  9. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1
  10. Unknown drive listed under optimize drives

Unknown drive listed under optimize drives: My PC seems to be misbehaving lately, so I explored various options. I checked "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool and was presented with the display shown below. What is the 3rd entry beginning with \\?\Volume{... ? Is it something that should concern me? Can it be...