Windows 10: Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

Discus and support Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just transferred from Windows 7, and everything worked except for the fact that the admin account on the computer (also the superuser account) cannot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by onion3000, Jul 30, 2015.

1. onion3000 Win User

Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

I just transferred from Windows 7, and everything worked except for the fact that the admin account on the computer (also the superuser account) cannot be accessed. The account shows up in the Users file under the Local Disk, but I can't access it by signing out and signing in; it just doesn't show up as a possible login option.
    If you guys know anything, please help,
    Thanks,

-Erik

:)

onion3000, Jul 30, 2015
  2. ES_2017 Win User

USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the hidden admin route, got a system 5 error and Access denied. The account I used to access USB has admin privilege so I am not sure why I need the hidden admin acct.

I can't see the files but can see the usb drive only.

ES_2017, Jul 30, 2015
  3. No admin rights

Chose the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I was listed as the administrator. Tried downloading a printer disc but was denied admin access. Started fooling with my Admin acct, added a guest, changed mine to user and have lost all abilities to access anything
    that needs Admin. Won't allow me to: net user admin/activate:yes. Can't restore to previous point because I have no Admin access. Can't even use the admin command.

With no new disc can't do a reinstall. Any suggestions. Very frustrated. Triedlusrmgr.msc. and it didn't work.

Rodger1414, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

Now that i look at this; I too am wondering the same thing; how do you enable the "administrator" login for the login screen?

Matt Siegel, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Linna8 Win User
    I see you got no answers, Erik, but I'm in the same boat (Windows 7). Have you learned how to fix this?

Linna8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

1. Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there - Similar Threads - Can't access Admin

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  5. bypass user acct admin password

bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  6. My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders: Long story, but I accidentally changed my rights and can't change them back without having those rights. I've tried everything I can think of. So basically I soft-locked my account? I don't know. I tried CMD, but can't do that without admin rights. Tried netplwiz which was...
  7. My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders

My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders: Long story, but I accidentally changed my rights and can't change them back without having those rights. I've tried everything I can think of. So basically I soft-locked my account? I don't know. I tried CMD, but can't do that without admin rights. Tried netplwiz which was...
  8. Admin Access to temp files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access to temp files: I dont have have admin access to delete temp files when I am the admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-access-to-temp-files/6579d361-9f58-4718-afbc-1b15975f40a1
  9. Admin acct

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin acct: I am admin. I read that I should also have a standard user acct for everyday work. How do I set that up? Then how will I know which acct I'm in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-acct/3fceec95-1516-406c-bade-b6610f105070
  10. Non Admin acct questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Non Admin acct questions: Setting up new machine. I first created an Admin acct on my wife's new machine when it started the OOBE questions etc. I got that acct all setup and then updated (long time downloads) and installed a few apps. Everything working fine there. Ok now I've set up a Non Admin...