Windows 10: Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

Discus and support Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Famazed, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Famazed Win User

Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

Hi
    My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup.
    They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running. That's why I want to boot from DVD, but I can't.
    Help?

:)

Famazed, Aug 18, 2015

2. Accessing BIOS without a keyboard

I was able to access Firmware settings but still can't access BIOS. Keyboard is still not operational. Want to enable Virtualization. I also want to change USB settings. Need to Boot to USB floppy at times. Also My recovery scheme
    requires me to be able to boot to a CD/DVD.

JerryWestphal, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Error using USB bootable Windows 10 ISO

Thank you very much for your help!

MargretheHeering, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Access to BIOS - HP Support Forum - 1504303

5. Famazed Win User
    By RTC Cell he means just the normal battery? And what does it even do?

Famazed, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    It will reset your Bios so that fast boot is not enabled and it should then allow you to see the the press X key for setup.

7. socklosk Win User
    Just unplug your computer while it's running and it should now show the bios when rebooted for the first time.

socklosk, Aug 18, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Although unlikely, this method could directly cause damage or failure of hardware components. Much better to use a method that does not have that potential for damage *Wink

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  9. Famazed Win User
    Like resets the BIOS settings etc? It doesn't rollback to the default BIOS? By that I mean to the BIOS that the PC had when I bought it. The BIOS was updated like a year ago and I don't want to do it myself.

Famazed, Aug 18, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    No. Removing the battery will NOT roll back the bios version. The update is permanent. Removing the battery will merely return the bios to it's default state for the CURRENTLY installed bios version. Nothing to worry about *Smile

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Tulak Win User
    This worked for me.

Note: Some system SBIOS's incorporate a feature called compatibility boot. These systems will detect a non-UEFI-enabled firmware VBIOS and allow the user to disable secure boot and then proceed with a compatibility boot. If the system contains a system SBIOS the supports compatibility boot, the user will need to disable secure boot when asked during boot process
    Instructions for manually disabling secure boot:
    1) Power down the system
    2) Remove the NVIDIA Add-in card
    3) Boot the system using integrated graphics
    4) Enter CMOS settings. CMOS settings can usually be accessed during boot, typically by pressing one of F1, F2, F8, F12, or Delete (depends on the system firmware) Alternatively they can be accessed in Windows 8 as follows: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...ws-8-computer/
    5) Set Secure Boot to disabled
    6) If there is an option, set CSM (or compatibility or legacy mode) to enabled.
    7) Save the new settings
    8) Power down the system
    9) Install the NVIDIA Add-in card
    10) The system should now boot

When installing an after-market graphics card into a certified Windows 8 PC with UEFI enabled, the system may not boot. | NVIDIA

Tulak, Aug 18, 2015
  12. NUS
    Nus Win User
    No, he means the little silver disc cell that powers the CMOS, which is the BIOS memory. Disconnecting this battery should clear all user settings and the BIOS will be reset to the default values.

Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD [​IMG]

13. Famazed Win User

Welp, I removed the back cover and I found the RTC Cell, sadly, there are like 2 or 3 cords on it, blocking me from getting the cell out. I don't want to remove those cords, since I might fck up. Aren't there any other ways to access BIOS?

Famazed, Aug 19, 2015
  14. socklosk Win User
    As the computer is booting up, switch the power off from your power supply to simulate a power outage, and your computer will allow you into the bios on the next reboot.

socklosk, Aug 19, 2015
  15. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Can you confirm the following:

• We're talking about the HP Pavilion DV6 6053ea
    • You're pressing the ESC key when you turn it on, before Windows starts booting
    • Pressing the ESC key doesn't give you a Startup Menu where you can press F10 to enter BIOS or F9 to enter Boot Menu

Thema:

1. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD - Similar Threads - Can't access BIOS

2. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  3. Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD: Hi all, I currently have the "Your PC needs to be repaired" error so I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 completely. I used Microsoft's bootable media to create both a bootable USB and DVD (I also tried using Rufus to format it) but both don't seem to boot properly. When I...
  4. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  5. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  6. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot from USB: I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ? 53114
  7. Stuck at splash screen, can't boot from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at splash screen, can't boot from USB or DVD: Symptoms: Windows infinite circle of dots when booting. (PC was a fresh install months ago, and was working fine until returning from vacation). Hard drive light goes solid during attempts to boot (during splash screen). Diagnostic repair begins to load, but never...
  8. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...
  9. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS: Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it. I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now,...
  10. Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD: Trying to do a clean install booting from DVD or USB created w Media Creation Tool: Windows 7 x86 and x64 boots from DVD or USB Windows 10 x86, boots from DVD or USB. Windows 10 x64, from DVD loads the blue window and then nothing more. Have to switch off/on to get out...