Windows 10: Can't access bios in windows 10 home

Discus and support Can't access bios in windows 10 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I have been having trouble accessing the bios ever since I upgraded to win 10. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by themagicman, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Can't access bios in windows 10 home

Hi there,
    I have been having trouble accessing the bios ever since I upgraded to win 10. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance.

:)

themagicman, Mar 14, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

System BIOS missing after Windows 10 upgrade

It's not possible for Windows to erase the BIOS because Windows can't access the BIOS. If any harm came to the BIOS that was done before Windows loaded.

BulldogXX, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Repairman installed Windows 10 Pro bootleg. I want to go back to Windows 10 Home Single Language

My repairman installed Windows 10 pro on my laptop which came with Windows 10 Home Single language. He probably used some tool to fool Microsoft allowing it to activate. How may I revert this back to Home Single Language so I can use the OEM license that
    came with this thing?

What I've tried so far.

I have installation media for Windows 10 Home Single language. I let it run on this PC, but its only allowing me to clean install Windows 10 Pro.

I can't access the bios on this thing so I cannot get it to boot from installation media.

Please help.

Richarddel Rosario, Mar 14, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Can't access bios in windows 10 home

@themagicman

If you have UEFI, try this: UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If legacy BIOS, from cold boot (power off, let sit a few minutes, power on), at the OEM logo (like Dell or HP in your case), press F8 repeatedly (tap-tap-tap-tap) until BIOS options appear.

Found this in the user manual for your laptop:

HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS | HP® Customer Support

• Turn on or restart the computer.
    • While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. note:

The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.

TC

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Hi there,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it doesn't work.When it boots up, it doesn't show the esc key to enter into bios. What else should I do?

6. f14tomcat Win User
    It most likely will not show it, you just have to repeatedly tap (not hold down) the proper key (don't think it was ESC). Your laptop manual has F10, but you can try F8. You have to do this BEFORE it gets past the logo screen or it's too late. If you have UEFI, the first method should work.

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Try other keys - F2, F12, F8 for example.

8. f14tomcat Win User

That's up in post #2.

Also, try this... let the machine come completely up to desktop. Hold down the Shift key while you click/tap Restart. That may get you booted to BIOS. It will take you to advanced options where you can click troubleshoot and take the option to boot to UEFI.

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2016
  9. That worked. I now have access to the bios . I have tried several times and it worked everytime. Thanks so much for your help guys.

10. f14tomcat Win User
    Your welcome! Curiosity... which worked?

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2016
  11. The shift key and restart

12. f14tomcat Win User
    That's not well documented. I found it one day by trial and error. Same trick works to bypass Fast Startup/Shutdown. Shift + Shutdown will do same as powerdown without saving memory to Hiberfil.sys. Just for future reference.

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Also, with Windows 10 fast startup enabled the computer will not actually 100% shut down. It is more of a hybrid hibernation state and thus, when restarting, it will skip the point of the very initial phase where you can enter bios with whatever hotkey the manufacturer has assigned.

To 100% shutdown with Windows 10 fast startup enabled you hold down shift key while clicking shutdown.

NavyLCDR, Mar 14, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    Hi Navy.. I just said that! LOL

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access bios in windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Can't access bios

2. can't access bios on restating windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access bios on restating windows: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have windows 10 21H2 , motherboard GA-B560M-D3H,the issue is can't access bios on restarting windows!to access bios I have to shutdown system and turn off power supply then turn it on and power pc on,if restarting windows bios menu doesn't show and...
  3. can't access bios on restating windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access bios on restating windows: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have windows 10 21H2 , motherboard GA-B560M-D3H,the issue is can't access bios on restarting windows!to access bios I have to shutdown system and turn off power supply then turn it on and power pc on,if restarting windows bios menu doesn't show and...
  4. can't access bios on restating windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  6. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  7. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can't access bios anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios anymore: I was messing around trying to fix my dual booted windows 7 and now I can't access bios anymore. My pc is Asus with intel h110 chipset. I press f2 when restarting my pc and the bios password screen pops up I enter the password then continue pressing f2 but it just boots my...
  9. Access Bios with Windows 10 Home

Access Bios with Windows 10 Home: Do I need Windows 10 Professional instead of Home version to access my bios to change boot sequence? I have followed the instructions provided on this site and others, but they don't work for Home version, it seems. I saw on one forum that professional version is required....
  10. I can't access BIOS in windows 10

I can't access BIOS in windows 10: Hi, I face this question whenever I try to access BIOS. Would you please help me to solve it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-bios-in-windows-10/74b7e02e-70c7-42ff-bdb4-f5577a0c1329