Windows 10: can't access desktop

Discus and support can't access desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was working absolutely fine yesterday. Went to turn it on this morning, took ages to get past the log in screen, then it just changed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DannyG30, Aug 20, 2018.

1. DannyG30 Win User

can't access desktop

My computer was working absolutely fine yesterday.

Went to turn it on this morning, took ages to get past the log in screen, then it just changed to a black screen, with a basic taskbar down the bottom that was flashing.

I tried a few things with no success, then did a clean boot, then when I log in now I get this

C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible.

Access is denied.

I tried a system restore but it was unsuccessful. the details were:

System restore failed to extract the file

(C:\Users\User\Appdata\local\Packages\Microsoft.BingTravel_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Sett

from the restore point

The restore point was damaged or deleted during the restore

I attempted to repair the drives as it suggested but got this:

There was an unexpected error.

The configuration registry database is corrupt (0x800703F1)

Please close System Restore and try again.

So when I log in I'm stuck on this:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible.

Access is denied.

Please help!

I have a HP Laptop and Windows 10

Many Thanks

Danny

:)

DannyG30, Aug 20, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 13, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

can't access desktop

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool can't access desktop :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

can't access desktop

1. can't access desktop - Similar Threads - can't access desktop

2. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...
  3. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...
  4. Can't Access Primary Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Primary Desktop: I am having an issue that prevents me from clicking my desktop icons and my taskbar on my primary display, I have two displays and the second one works fine. If I click on my desktop on the primary screen, it prevents me from interacting with anything on it, almost like there...
  5. Can't access files on desktop

Can't access files on desktop: Hey! I've been trying to create some space on my computer and under storage it says that my desktop contains 70GB of files, however I only have shortcuts and minor folders with pictures in them. Even when I go into the folder called desktop I cannot see what causes the...
  6. Can't access Desktop of Local Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access Desktop of Local Account: When I log into my main account on Windows 10, I'm greeted with a black blank screen. It looks like the account's been reset. None of my programs are on the task bar, and an error message appears. The message stays up for like a second, then it and the task bar disappear,...
  7. On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop: When I sign in my normal desktop background appears but there are no icons and just a stripped version of the taskbar When I hover over the taskbar I get a loading icon on my cursor I can't left or right click on the start menu I can't access task manager from ctrl alt...
  8. I can't access desktop? windows update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access desktop? windows update?: Whenever I exit out all windows, it just shows start menu, like it's my desktop or home menu? Idk if Windows did Automatic Update or not.. and If I try to make a window smaller, it will just push it to one side of the screen??? you can't put windows on top of each other......
  9. Desktop is not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is not accessible: Hi, My laptop updated yesterday. Then today when I tried to use it, I only see a blacl screen and this message: "Location is not available C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is...
  10. Can't access remote laptop desktop

Can't access remote laptop desktop: I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not...